• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please Help ID This Dana Axle

odSteve

Hi,
I recently acquired this Dana axle built for IH. I intend to install it in my '69 Loadstar 1700 after I go through it. But could someone please ID the axle assembly's code so I know what I have? Every old International Harvester truck uses a code number to identify an axle and/or brake assembly and other major components; and by this code number is the only way to look up parts in a IH parts manual or reference it in a IH service manual.
And once I have the axle code number (always included in a "Line Setting Ticket" that goes with the truck at the time of manufacture) could someone please tell me what parts manual and service manual its in? I have not found it in the Loadstar / CargoStar's CTS-2300 or CTS-2307 ... unless I just don't know what I'm looking for - which is a possibility.

What I kind of hope for is that this axle is also listed in a military service manual. I found my Loadstar's transfer case listed in a military service manual. And that military service manual's procedure for rebuilding the transfer case was far superior to the IH service manual, listing torques, procedures and other info missing from the IH manual.

What I've been told so far, which I don't know if its true or not, is that the pumpkin assembly is a RA-30 and the axle assembly is a S-9000 probably made for a PayStar. But, if true, I still don't know how to convert any of this info into a IH code number so I can look up parts and/or find it in a service manual.

Any help would be appreciated. Or if you can find this axle assembly in any military service manual, it would really be appreciated.

Every comment helps, so thank you all for your help.

Below are pictures of the axle.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you google search RA30 axle parts manual it gives you all the internal parts information for the axle. It is an RA30 type though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks