• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 4 inch lift, 15x10 wheels and 31's? Picture request

NewM009

Hey guys, I am thinking about doing a proper 4 inch lift on my M1009 and putting on some chrome/polished 15x10s and 31 MT's. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of this. I understand that some may thinks it will look funny but I do not want to stress my axle with 33's and I really like the look of small wheel/small tire, if anyone has heard of "Cen Cal," they will understand. Thanks, hope to find some pics.

cucvrus

Jack up the truck and let it hang from the springs. Support the frame let the axles and suspension hang to the ground and you will see what it looks like. First hand and right up front. Measure the distance on the axle bump stops tp axle and begin jacking till you add 4 inches to the original measurement. I have a 4 inch 4 spring lift kit complete with bolts and shocks. Good deal for someone. Just not me. I removed it and am putting new stock springs on my current M1009 project. PM if you are interested. I am willing to make a deal.

Camel Driver

That's the "Old School" look. Just my 2 cents but, 33's wouldn't be too taxing on your axles. I used to run 33x12.5x15 on my Jeep CJ's. Both V8 engines and never had a problem with the Dana 44 axles. Jeep even used 2 piece axles on the rear that were notorious for breaking. I beat those things like rented mules, never had a problem except for the front wheel hubs. Not the locking things that you engage but the actual wheel hubs themselves. It was due to the width of the tires and being offset to the outside. There wasn't enough of a bearing surface and it would literally take the pressed in outer bearing races and squish the metal so hard that the bearing races would come loose. They machined their own larger diameter bores and would just flop around in the hubs. I solved that issue by switching to tires and wheels that were not as wide. I ended up with tires that measured 33x8x15. Like old snow tires! The Jeeps actually did BETTER in the mud because the tires were narrow and could dig down through the mud and hit something solid. And on top of that, everyone commented on how cool the thin tires looked. They all thought that the wide tires made the Jeeps look cartoonish and the narrow ones looked like they meant business!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks