• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a lead on turbo parts for 855 Cummins - what should I grab?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I met a guy who has an '82 Big Cam II 300 and he said I can take whatever I need off of the engine. I'm planning on grabbing the turbo, exhaust manifold, crossover air pipe, cross over coolant plumbing, after-cooler intake, and maybe even the injection pump. His brother also has a Big Cam ?? 444 cummins with jake heads that I might be able to grab. Are there other pieces that I am glossing over that I need to get? Small pieces, fittings or linkages?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like the engine is shot. It's out of a Kenworth dump truck that lead a pretty hard life

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It sounds like the engine is shot. It's out of a Kenworth dump truck that lead a pretty hard life
Then buy a master overhaul kit for it. Should be around $1000 for the whole kit. You will blow a small cam up putting all that crap on it after awhile. Basically pull your small cam and sell it for the cost the overhaul kit would be.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is very tempting to take an entire engine, especially the 444, but my 813 will just get driven around empty and a turbo would mostly be for fun, loud noises, and to compensate for larger tires when that happens.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brakes from the 444 will not fit/work on the NHC or the BCII.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will fit and work, but not as well as the ones made for small cam. IIRC, spool valves and lash screws are different, and, IIRC, BCIII was a dual x-head model, meaning the master piston pushed on the x-head with 2 feet, opened both exh valves, and the SC brakes used a pin type actuation, master piston pushed on a single pin through the x-head adjuster and opened only 1 valve.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up most the parts today. The engine was already missing the exhaust manifold, Jake heads, injection pump, and injectors. I came home with these pieces:
20180602_160834.jpg

I'm now wondering if the intake & crossover pipe will fit under the stock hood of my 813 - does anyone know?

A few shots of the parts engine...
20180602_104750.jpg
20180602_104821.jpg
20180602_104920.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks