• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee New to Me - M998

jshummer

Fiance and I bought a M998 from a Steel Soldiers member here over the weekend, she got a new Jeep so I got the Humvee. Drove it home 141 miles home and to work today. I couldn't be happier with the transaction or the truck. I am going to add a rear curtain, cargo/water divider, new seats from a wrecked car, 12v phone charger, and a Bluetooth speaker system.

IMG-0116.jpgIMG-0105.jpgIMG-0054.jpgIMG-0018.jpg

Last edited:

GI Joe94

Congrats! I’m fairly new here, at least by participation standards... been lurking for a couple Yrs. I’ve got a high probability of getting into a Humvee this year, Finally!
I appreciate your other threads and the questions asked.
Would love to hear your real world two week honeYmoon update..., when you get a chance! Great looking rig, btw!

jshummer

2 weeks in. I added a soft rear curtain, pressure washed the truck. Haven’t run into any issues yet. Sold my 2005 Range Rover that had more problems than this M998 could ever have. Really simple truck, sure it needs maintenance but everything is mechanical. Buy one, you won’t regret it. It doesn’t get a lot of attention where I live which is good. Big city with lots of exotics. Just another truck on the road in the slow lane

jshummer

A/C would be cool, it doesn’t get too hot with Soft Doors and the windows rolled down. I may add A/C later or a portable marine unit or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks