• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who is handling the general surplus now that GL is out?

rickf

I sent GL a message after getting an e-mail saying they were changing names and this is the reply I got. Is Gov-Planet now handling things like ammo cans and shelters in addition to vehicles?

Thank you for your e-mail. We are no longer holders of the GovernmentContract. If you would be interested in government surplus please do someresearch into Ritchie Brothers. If you have additional questions please callthe number below.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP but not much has come out . They will have two main warehouses one in pennsylvania and one in las vegas , it is in the contract for two locations . Phasty posted about a while ago he is a GP rep.

rickf

Is the Pennsy one going to be Chambersburg or somewhere else? That is going to suck since the NJ stuff was right next door to me and Chambersburg is a 4 hour drive away. Much worse for many others.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

rickf

I see they also have stuff listed in Fla. and Nevada and Alaska. I may have seen a few others also. Kind of hoping they do not try to jam it all in two spots in the country. Adding shipping to the price of the auction will be a nail in the coffin for the surplus resale industry. At least for the little guy.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two main locations. Yes, this pretty much kills it if you're a little guy.

And they're auctioning things one item at a time to get full retail for it. Example - auction. For a single cargo bow -

Screenshot_2018-05-17-08-11-54.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They'll learn pretty quick single item auctions will have them bogged down in volume. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pricing seems to be a problem also, yesterday I saw a lot of ten things. to me they were worth about $150-$200 max. Their opening bid was 1.5K, needless to say it got no bids but did come back
up with and opening bid of $1.1K and you guessed it "Auction Unsuccessful"! Well today after checking I see there are 3 more lots in the future and opening bid is $300, 1K and $1.5K I guess they

are basing cost on the military purchase price. But what do I know they still got $610 for a single M59 field range, that last summer were selling for $2960!

http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Tools-M59-Portable-Stainless-Steel-Field-Kitchen-Stove-Unused-Georgia/919574?h=5000%2Csm%7C1%2Ck%7CM59+Portable+Stainless+Steel+Field+Kitchen%2Cmf%7C1&rr=0.25&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

m59nos.jpg

Last edited:

rickf

I love the one at a time bows, Now there is something I am going to drive hundreds of miles for. The pricing is strange since they have been in this business for plenty long enough to know pretty much exactly what things are going to go for. As for that stove, you know as well as I that some newbies get auction fever and and get on a roll and just can't stop. I will watch some of those that just go on and on and I am amazed! And it is usually small lots or individual items so you know it is not the usual buyers. I always tell my wife, "wait till they find out about the buyers premium"! I have heard so many people complain about that at pickups and the best one is the guy asking at Chambersburg one day what the warranty was on some office equipment he was picking up! He was really pissed when he found out that it was used and what you got is what you got.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy am I missing GL. At loadout " hey, you still have room on your trailer, do you need some of those???"

rickf

Boy am I missing GL. At loadout " hey, you still have room on your trailer, do you need some of those???"
I remember that at DRMO but I never got that from GL. DRMO would give you stuff that did not sell just to get rid of it. I think once stockpile get out of hand things will change.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at a location doing a pick up when I asked if I could wander and look at some stuff. I was talking to a serviceman who gave me the thumbs up. He asked me if I was interested? I said I would like to see when they come up. A few minutes later, a senior person with a zillion stripes and emblems rolls up in a golf cart. He asks if I want these items? I told him I would bid on them when they were listed. He barks into a radio for soldier x to come immediately to bldg 34z with forklift. He instructs soldier x to load items onto my 5 ton.

He tells me thank you as drmo and gl had pizzed him off and they had sat for years. He actually thanks me, talk about about stunned. He was tired of the paperwork and accounting of such plus the clutter. He also pointed to a yard of vehicles where any parts that fell off and landed in my 5 ton, would be ok. No, these vehicles/trailers had never been listed. He said he rather them get used than rot to the ground. To add even more to the occasion, He opened up a tool room and said to borrow whatever I need to make such happen. Said I did him a favor.

Can't make this up. I left with a smile and welcome back anytime. Never did make it back but I always wandered....

quickfarms

Well the paper work on the single items will kill there profit.

They will also lean some stuff is worth scrap value and not what the government paid for it.

The old retail rule is that everytime an item changes hands the price doubles

There will always be a few newbies out there that will pay retail.

Migginsbros

Got this email today.
edit : try to copy the mail

Take me to my Preferences[FONT=Stardos\ Stencil]We're Moving![/FONT]

Government Liquidation will be merging with its sister site GoIndustry DoveBid starting May 2018! This means GL auctions will be hosted on Go-Dove.com. It will be the sales you know and love plus auctions in over 25 equipment categories, and access to assets from all over the world--all in one simple online marketplace!

No need to register. Just
login on Go-Dove.com with the same username and password you use on Government Liquidation and you'll be all set to begin bidding!

Make sure you click the button below to update your account preferences to continue to receive email alerts about upcoming auctions.

Customer Service: info@govliquidation.com
Have Questions? Reach a customer service rep immediately with
Live Chat.
We respect your privacy. We will NEVER sell, rent or share your information.
Government Liquidation, 15051 N. Kierland Blvd. Suite 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 Copyright © 2017 Liquidity Services, Inc. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this message because of your interest in Aerospace, Bearings, Appliances, Vehicles/Parts, Marine Equipment/Parts, Electrical Equipment/Wire, Ammo Cans/Storage, Bayonets, Food Service Equipment, Furniture, Excercise Equipment, Construction Equipment, Fabrication/Material Handling, or Medical/Electronic Test Equipment email alerts from GovLiquidation.com.
Privacy policy |Manage your Preferences | Unsubscribe

Last edited by a moderator:

rickf

Yea, but go to that Go-Dove site and try to find any surplus. Look at the e-mail I referenced in post #1 that they sent me. They no longer have the government contract. They are just steering you to their other auction garbage.

Well guys if they want sell stuff individually like that and over price it vote with your dollars and let it sit. They'll come around or it 'll sit and rot. Then on to another contractor if they can't move product for the government.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or... There's an entire market who will buy in small quantity and doesn't buy when it's by the pallet because they don't want to deal with unloading what they don't need.

Used to buy ammo cans from Ft. Lewis... Sell me 8 pallets and I'd pay 1/3 the cost per can as if only one pallet was for sale. Got even worse if it was 1/2 a pallet.

EdMontana

I don't know if this thread will be busy in the future..... the non rolling stock they supposed start selling back in April just started, right now only 174 items (one is an used "trash can" :sad:) with RETAIL start price already...plus their cut and huge freight charges from the other corner of the country. overpriced surplus anyone?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks