• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie with a few questions

vitaminc914

I just purchased a 1967 M725. I am interested in finding out more about the night vision lights. The rear passenger side night light does nothing and there is another light next to it as well. Can anyone help me identify the smaller round light next to it? Are bulbs replaceable? What is a good source for parts?
I am sure I will have a lot more questions as time goes by. Thank you in advance.

Ray

vitaminc914

Thank you for the quick response. Any idea where I can find the bulbs? Do they need a special bulb since they are for night and are 24V?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You'll need 24v bulbs provided the truck is still stock. I think the bulb number should be a 1251 but you should open them up and check to make sure. It will be cheaper to order then online vs. ordering them at the parts store.
Also welcome to the site.

vitaminc914

The truck is still stock with the exception of a kill switch for the battery. Are there any major suppliers I should look for? I am so new to this world. My last 2 Hummers were the H1 civilian versions and didn't have to deal with any of the military stuff.

67Beast

Yes the little round light is the blackout rear brake light and will only come on when the 3 lever light switch is in the blackout position. It takes a regular 24v single element bulb, the same as the other blackout markers and the parking light bulb. The bulb is a 1683 and can be found on-line or at most any good parts store. Just be aware that with the cover on the light coming out is very dim and will be next to impossible to see in the day light. I would recommend checking out the http://www.m715zone.com as it is the same family as the M725 Ambulance and there are a ton of resources over there for these trucks. Also where in Michigan are you, I'm on the west coast near the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and have a 67' M725 and 67' M715 in my collections and have quite a few spare parts around if you need things.

Attachments

vitaminc914

Dave, thank you so much for the help. I did sign up for M715 and I will look there as well. I am in Allendale so about 75 miles from the dunes door to door. I would love to connect. Please PM me your contact info and I will reach out.

Yes the little round light is the blackout rear brake light and will only come on when the 3 lever light switch is in the blackout position. It takes a regular 24v single element bulb, the same as the other blackout markers and the parking light bulb. The bulb is a 1683 and can be found on-line or at most any good parts store. Just be aware that with the cover on the light coming out is very dim and will be next to impossible to see in the day light. I would recommend checking out the http://www.m715zone.com as it is the same family as the M725 Ambulance and there are a ton of resources over there for these trucks. Also where in Michigan are you, I'm on the west coast near the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and have a 67' M725 and 67' M715 in my collections and have quite a few spare parts around if you need things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks