• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won on eBay....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You will probably have to have the extra money for the chiropractor when you get home. Or a 5ft asian chic to walk on your back. Going to be a long drive. Lots of pillows to sit on.

Guyfang

Staff member
At least the trip is not in winter. We strung blankets all over in the cab behind us, to keep the cold down to a workable level. When its warm, no problemo!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your win! When we recovered the "Raven Deuce" it was quite the adventure. Looks like she's been gone over by the previous owner. As suggested butt protection is "good". Stop often, check fluids and bearings. Hearing protection w\radio is nice, simple tools (slightly over sized) CAMERA, CELL PHONE/lap top, and a large limit credit card. Access to this site could be a life saver too! Keep us informed and ENJOY the adventure!!

Last edited:

NVFireFighter

I'd plan that as a 6 day trip...

Let me know your timeline and route. I'm going Omaha NE to Flagstaff AZ at the end of the month. If it lines up I can provide a chase vehicle for part of the drive.

I'm getting to Indy on the 15th and heading west on the I-80 for 95% of it......

Guyfang

Staff member
I spent 21 days in a deuce in 1973-80. REFORGER. Every year. Winter, cold and miserable. Staying up 2, sometimes 3 days running. And loved every bit of it. Those, "road trips" still rank amount my most memorable times of my life. It's what you make it. I would love to be with you. Enjoy it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an idea, you might want to get some mud flaps on that before you start out. The PO has removed the original ones at the front and rear. That removal MIGHT get you a ticket. Also, depending on the state, you might need a non commercial type of DL, so no flaps COULD be a reason to pull you over and have things snowball quickly from there. And, custom wheels, hope there's a spare...or two. Flats suck. Bring tools.

Not trying to urinate on your candle, but, things happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks