• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 mystery rubber hose

joeblack5

When I worked on the alternator I wound a rubber hose that goes from the top of the power steering reservoir and converts in a plastic ( nylon) line that goes to the housing of the engine hour counter.
The rubber ends were in a bad shape so it did not fit together and I will replace it but what is the function?

Thank you J

rtrask

When I worked on the alternator I wound a rubber hose that goes from the top of the power steering reservoir and converts in a plastic ( nylon) line that goes to the housing of the engine hour counter.
The rubber ends were in a bad shape so it did not fit together and I will replace it but what is the function?

Thank you J
It is a vacuum hose for the power steering pump reservoir. I think anyway. I think the idea is to get bubbles / froth from circulating. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rtrask

Thank you Rtr. I did not realize that the housing that holds the engine hour meter is also a vacuum pump.
later J
To be honest it is a bit of a guess. My mog had the same hose connection issue, and I scratched my head about it. It can't be for fluid because there is just one line. Vacuum was all I could come up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks