• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger side door will not open

cucvrus

I will assume you have it unlocked. Try unlocking it with the key and use a bit of force. Does it appear that the linkage is still hooked up on the interior remote handle. Do you feel any resistance? Push in on the door while trying o open it. Just a few ideas. Good Luck. You may end up wasting the interior door panel.

sneekyeye

Roll down the window and look down inside the door and see if there's anything jamming up the mechanism or any of the bars in there. If you're lucky it'll be an easy fix. You might try spraying lube in the lock if everything looks ok and maybe you'll get lucky.

nyoffroad

The inside and outside handles use different linkages and clips so even if one is broken the other should release the door. Make sure its unlocking( Like cucvrus said) Some penetrating oil wouldn't hurt and make sure that the linkages are moving. IIRC the lock (not the lock cylinder) can get jammed from lack of lube and then it appears to be unlocked but it's not and then jams up the opening part of the latch.

Tanaga

I’ve sprayed liberal amounts of PB Blaster in all the parts I can reach. I’ve taken the key and locked and unlocked the door several times. I’ve gone inside and tried opening the door with some force. I’ve tried opening the door while lifting and also pushing and pulling on the handle. No luck so far.

Matt5

Banned
Had this happen to me... can't remember what I did in the end... it was something so stupid...

Drock

Okay lets try this... It sounds like the lock linkage has come off. So with the widow mostly up so you don't scratch it. Use a coat hanger to fiddle with the latch mechanism it's self. Close your eye's and use your minds eye (or the Force) :carnac:to envision the 2 lock rods and the direction they move. These rods operate small levers on the latch. If you can move the right one BINGO your in! Also, maybe take off the drivers door panel so you can see & feel how they operate.:beer:

olly69

My door doesn't open from outside, just from the inside (passenger side). But I have opened it from the outside with a flat head screw driver, carefully. I wedged it down from the top, pushing the plunger latch open.

cucvrus

It is a very crude set up. Take it apart and fix it. A few rods and levers. If you or anybody need any of the rods or levers speak up. I discovered a cache of CUCV door parts. Enough to last 2 lifetimes. Some with nice doors still attached to them.

nyoffroad

I discovered a cache of CUCV door parts. Enough to last 2 lifetimes. Some with nice doors still attached to them.
:lol::funny: I'm sure you do!
Years ago my then teenage son came home with an Chevy truck that was everything he didn't want. It was a 6 cyl. 3spd manual and a rot box. I replaced everthing including engine, transmission, cab bed and front sheet metal, all from parts I had in the garage. And yet some how I don't think you would be impressed by my stash!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks