• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P. Sam Seay "Ace of Spades" Crew Member

vtdeucedriver

Just doing a quick check in for all of the Gun Truck followers. The owner of the Replica "Ace of Spades" and original crew member Sam Seay passed away yesterday at 67.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truly a sad day. May he Rest In Peace. Psalm 23: 4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sammy was only 67 years old and I considered him a true friend. Sammy was a "born leader" and always lead the way at the GunTruck Gatherings.

Sammy requested no viewing, funeral, or fanfare.

Sammy and LT Fuller (Uglyranger) can secure and protect the 523rd convoys in heaven now.

Attachments

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Yep, truly a nice guy. Glad to meet him in 2002 for the first time and help him find stuff when Ace was going together. Been trying to find my pic that I took of him sitting in the door way of ACE at PF in 08. He was just sitting there I asked him if he was ok and he said "Just looking out at everyone and taking it all in". He will be missed.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yep, truly a nice guy. Glad to meet him in 2002 for the first time and help him find stuff when Ace was going together. Been trying to find my pic that I took of him sitting in the door way of ACE at PF in 08. He was just sitting there I asked him if he was ok and he said "Just looking out at everyone and taking it all in". He will be missed.
Sammy was good at that.

At the GunTruck Gatherings, He would just look and listen while everyone planned and plotted to do something....then when he was ready he would simply say "can I just say this"? And then he would lay out a plan for whatever we wanted to do which included many things the rest of us hadn't even considered. It was usually Sammy's plans that got the mission done.

We have lost a very good man and a great American.

vtdeucedriver

Sammy was good at that.

At the GunTruck Gatherings, He would just look and listen while everyone planned and plotted to do something....then when he was ready he would simply say "can I just say this"? And then he would lay out a plan for whatever we wanted to do which included many things the rest of us hadn't even considered. It was usually Sammy's plans that got the mission done.

That he was. At the first gathering, Sammy and I were at the same table for the banquet dinner on the last night and we talked about these old trucks and I could see the wheels spinning inside his head. I don't think it was 6 months later when Larry F sent me an e mail that he bought a 5 ton and was going to replicate "Ace". It was many e mails after that on where to find stuff for the truck. I ended up letting a friend of mine sell two of my M2HB mounts that I had so Sammy could get all the 4 he needed and would later send Sam my APC lights as I had extras that I had collected over the years so he could finish.
Truly a honest gentilman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks