• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Fee's GOV PLANET Updated Enforcement Policy.

NV555

After speaking with several contact's that work for GovPlanet I was told that they will start enforcing pick up dates and charging for storage fee's soon.

Of course if you are waiting for a EUC item to clear that should not be included as being late, although the emails they send seem like they do.

If anyone has more updated information please chime in. :tank:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hopefully they clarify the pickup dates. The one guy in Illinois that was loading out HMMWVs was only there 1 or 2 days a month for 4hrs. Pfft. Good Luck..... I think it is sad how gov planet pretty much fired people during the merger then now they need more employees to run crap.

I am really considering going on whitehouse.gov and getting trumps folks to look into the whole deal. There are too many BS bureaucrats involved on the gov and govplanet side causing good people too much trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NV555

I had Tucson cancel on me twice with Joey with United States of Freight having to keeping contracting drivers.

In the end it worked out but pulling the site managers away all the time makes it hard when trying to plan on a pick up a week out.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They need to define "business day" as a day they're there.

In the past they've had a guy there for one 4 hour block of time one day per week, yet they count the days they aren't there as "business days" for purposes of late fees.

I picked up on day 9 (my count) in LA, paid $40 in late fees.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They need to define "business day" as a day they're there.

In the past they've had a guy there for one 4 hour block of time one day per week, yet they count the days they aren't there as "business days" for purposes of late fees.

I picked up on day 9 (my count) in LA, paid $40 in late fees.
I was going to say the same thing. I once had a truck at a site that was only manned on Mondays. They were unable to be at the location on the first Monday after the sale, and the second Monday was a holiday. I was in close communication with the site manager, but that did not stop GP from contacting me to tell me that I was at risk of losing my item due to the length of time it took to remove it. I told their rep that it is difficult to remove an item when their site guy is only there once a week, and was unavailable for two weeks after the sale.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its alot of overhead to run the operation. They give most of the profits back to the gov. Ritchie Bros owes the 270 mil or so they borrowed to pay for IP/GP. The general flow of surplus is down. The GA USMC stuff will run out its a one time run of excess. They are trying to maximize profit any way they can. I dont see prices going any higher than stuff is bringing now. Most stuff is bidding up to retail pricing or a bit above. I think bidders get carried away and forget about the 10 percent and tax. There are fed statutes that deal with the resale of gov surplus. Put in place so no one can take unfair advantage of the surplus property. But I dont think there is anything specifying pickup schedule.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Not sure where everyone is getting their info, but since I am the one in charge of that area, I can tell you that there is no movement to start charging storage fees as of now. We have been taking storage fees out of the proceeds due to a seller if they abandon the item and it is sold under an abandonment contract, however, WE WILL NOT charge storage as long as you make a good faith effort to take possession of your item within a reasonable amount of time. That being said, if you are one of the many habitual buyers that waits until they start getting notices of abandonment, then you can expect that to start tightening up. We understand that not all of the yards are fully staffed 5 days a week from 8am to 5pm, and we have been and will continue to be extremely lenient with the pickup requirements, once again provided that you make a good faith effort to pick up the item...As far as a mass layoff after the merger, not sure where that info came from either...very few of our field personnel were "laid off" due to the merger, if anything we hired more personnel. We did move some positions around because it didn't make sense where we had some people.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure where everyone is getting their info, but since I am the one in charge of that area, I can tell you that there is no movement to start charging storage fees as of now. We have been taking storage fees out of the proceeds due to a seller if they abandon the item and it is sold under an abandonment contract, however, WE WILL NOT charge storage as long as you make a good faith effort to take possession of your item within a reasonable amount of time. That being said, if you are one of the many habitual buyers that waits until they start getting notices of abandonment, then you can expect that to start tightening up. We understand that not all of the yards are fully staffed 5 days a week from 8am to 5pm, and we have been and will continue to be extremely lenient with the pickup requirements, once again provided that you make a good faith effort to pick up the item...As far as a mass layoff after the merger, not sure where that info came from either...very few of our field personnel were "laid off" due to the merger, if anything we hired more personnel. We did move some positions around because it didn't make sense where we had some people.
Very heartening to hear it from the "horses mouth" no insult intended or implied!! THANK YOU for sharing the truth about the situation and clarifying it! Sometimes it's easy to get confused by non-intentional incorrect information..................thanks for setting this straight. Have to admit, it's awfully hard to get stuff picked up/scheduled with limited schedules.

THANKS AGAIN!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks