• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photo of 6.2na with serpentine belt

Barrman

That is the 1988-1994 set up. There were small changes for 1995-1997. Then 1998-2001 had the alternator on the passenger side, different style a/c compressor on the driver side with a dual thermostat cross over pipe. I write all of that for anyone wanting to do the serpentine conversion. The cross over pipe needs to be for a serpentine set up. The V belt or HMMWV cross over will not clear the serpentine belt.

Barrman

OK. I didn't see the turbo or turbo intake and couldn't tell for sure what size the bypass water hose was. That makes it the slightly different '95-'97 version.

Kaiser67M715

I'll add that for those considering a serpentine swap, 97+ with dual thermostats won't bolt up unless you modify the throttle cable bracket, and also replace the metal return line that crosses front of engine. Unless you get the super rare single thermostat housing from late 96 (late 96 started going to the 97 style, but without the dual thermostats.) An earlier style thermostat won't fit without modification to the 97+ system either.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks