• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Ring Parts ID

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I picked up some gun ring parts the other day but it's a pieced together setup. It's the older style ring, m49 I think. I guess it uses a specific cradle that fits the thinner socket on the skate. Anyone know if there is an adapter to make it work with a regular long pintle?

IMG_2202.jpgIMG_2203.jpgIMG_2204.jpg
It came with a total of 5 legs, 3 of them are different from the ones I see on deuces.. I think they might be for a LWS, can anyone confirm that?
IMG_2205.jpg
The 2 heavy cast legs came with the ring while the short leg in the middle I've had kicking around for a while. I'm guessing the cast legs are earlier while the middle one is either later or for an m66. I don't see why the oddball one wouldn't work but it looks like the earlier ones bolt over the top while the other bolts underneath the brackets.
IMG_2206.jpgIMG_2207.jpg
Seeing how a gun ring doesn't work too well with my dump truck I'm probably going to sell it off but I want to make sure it's got the right pieces to make it usable.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 3 leg set with 2 of them with plates look like lws set up. The 2 with plates look m939 specific for the front of the cab by the door hinge as the legs in the back use u bolts through the cab.

68t

Well, that set up would looks great on my ww2 5ton IH tractor, I got the ww2 30-50 cal. cradle and the 50 cal. M.G. but need ring and trolley and legs.:D

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The 3 leg set with 2 of them with plates look like lws set up. The 2 with plates look m939 specific for the front of the cab by the door hinge as the legs in the back use u bolts through the cab.
Thanks. That's what I figured. Definitely no good for this gun ring.

Well, that set up would looks great on my ww2 5ton IH tractor, I got the ww2 30-50 cal. cradle and the 50 cal. M.G. but need ring and trolley and legs.:D
Yeah I bet it would look real good on your truck!:) The narrower socket threw me off, I read that it's specific to this trolley but not sure if that's true or not. It came with a later .50 cradle which obviously doesn't fit. I guess the previous owner just collected various gun ring parts and didn't get rid of the non-compatible stuff.
I've always wanted one and now that I've got it my only deuce is a dump truck.:neutral: If I had a 342 then I could still use it but not on the m59 unless I remove the cab protector completely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks