• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Windshield for 1996 M1078

blairsvilleoffroad

Completed painting my truck, saw I missed a small spot, got the ladder out to paint small spot and tripped put ladder into windshield. Bad day, any help would be greatly appreciated.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could start a thread if you get us going on the bone-headed things we have all done. Don't beat yourself up too bad. Good luck finding windshield.

NV555

I have one here in Nevada. Not sure about shipping and cost.

Try to find one closer and I will be a back up for you. If you need it right away I can start working on some options for you.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You posted the other day about your ladder, You posted in the parts wanted section. Now you post here.

You were given the NSN for one. You were told that a surplus supplier Eastern Surplus had one on their ebay store. Use that NSN to find it on ebay.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You posted the other day about your ladder, You posted in the parts wanted section. Now you post here.

You were given the NSN for one. You were told that a surplus supplier Eastern Surplus had one on their ebay store. Use that NSN to find it on ebay.
[h=3] Windshield M1078[/h] Started by blairsvilleoffroad, 05-19-2018 13:50
[h=3]Assistance Needed, Ladder did battle with Windshield.... Need new windshield, M1078[/h] Started by blairsvilleoffroad, 05-19-2018 11:11
[h=3]Need Windshield for 1996 M1078[/h] Started by blairsvilleoffroad, Today 13:12
[h=3]Need Windshield 1996 M1078[/h] Started by blairsvilleoffroad, Today 13:03

spankybear

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with Eastern Surplus? I sure don't care for their shipping prices. I wanted to buy some upper sway bar bushings and they wanted to charge me $54.00 shipping on their website. I called the to ask if there was an error with this shipping calculator. The dude on the phone said this best he could do was $45.00 for something that would fit into a small $7.20 flat rate USPS box. No thank you...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe he doesn't want to deal with Eastern Surplus? I sure don't care for their shipping prices. I wanted to buy some upper sway bar bushings and they wanted to charge me $54.00 shipping on their website. I called the to ask if there was an error with this shipping calculator. The dude on the phone said this best he could do was $45.00 for something that would fit into a small $7.20 flat rate USPS box. No thank you...
Yeh they lost all my business when they quoted me a Fed Ex shipping price then shipped it for $12 less using USPS and acted surprised that I would be PO'd about that. They couldn't understand how I might be upset that they just made an additional amount of profit off me or that I thought it was deceitful to use a different method of shipping than I had agreed to.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Maybe he doesnt know anything. He doesnt even know what part number he is looking for. This is why he is messaging members asking for windshields. Someone who has not even posted here. I dont like using surplus vendors. Sometimes they are the only person who has certain things. Thru anyone the shipping and cost to wrap the windshield is going to be as much as the glass and double the weight of the glass. Ignorance just leads to.people making multiple threads about the same thing over and over cause they dont have a clue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spankybear

Maybe he doesnt know anything. He doesnt even know what part number he is looking for. This is why he is messaging members asking for windshields. I dont like using surplus vendors. Sometimes they are the only person who has certain things. Thru anyone the shipping and cost to wrap the windshield is going to be as much as the glass and double the weight of the glass. Ignorance just leads to.people making multiple threads about the same thing over and over cause they dont have a clue

Sorry but I think you are out of place here. Maybe the guy doesn't know anything, but one thing is for sure how many people know what the NSN is for a windshield or let alone any part for that matter? I would say that there are plenty of people parting out cab around this forum. Do they know what the NSN is? I am 100% sure they know what a windshield is for an LMTV. This place is very good for finding parts and help. As for posting on a number of times? I don't see it out of line to post here asking along with the parts wanted forum. I don't check each forum.

I see this place as a friendly place to share knowledge and to brag about your projects. I believe this type of response is not in line with that way I see and I believe will harm the reputation. Again sorry for voicing my thoughts but I think this response is out of place.

Best Regards,

Spankybear

NV555

Sorry but I think you are out of place here. Maybe the guy doesn't know anything, but one thing is for sure how many people know what the NSN is for a windshield or let alone any part for that matter? I would say that there are plenty of people parting out cab around this forum. Do they know what the NSN is? I am 100% sure they know what a windshield is for an LMTV. This place is very good for finding parts and help. As for posting on a number of times? I don't see it out of line to post here asking along with the parts wanted forum. I don't check each forum.

I see this place as a friendly place to share knowledge and to brag about your projects. I believe this type of response is not in line with that way I see and I believe will harm the reputation. Again sorry for voicing my thoughts but I think this response is out of place.

Best Regards,

Spankybear
I own 30 windshields and honestly do not know the NSN. I'm glad to ask and answer questions when I can. I could always just go to wiki but nice to network and get to know people that share the same hobby as I do. Yes I do use search and find a ton of information, but like I said nice to get to know some people on the way.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is against the site rules to cross post.

That means, do not start more than one thread for something.

Do not post the same thing in more than one forum.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I posted the nsn in his first post of looking for a windshield https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=178828&share_fid=20191&share_type=t

Best Regards,

Spankybear

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks