• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake Vacuum Hose

rsh4364

I wonder if short copper 90s sold in the plumbing dept.could be shortened even more with the rubber hose strongly cable tied on to the modified 90s would work.??

Barrman

Technically, it isn't a vacuum hose since diesel engines don't create any vacuum. It is a Crankcase Depressurization Regulator, CDR, hose.

That out of the way. There is very little pressure on that system if your rings and valve seals are decent. Maybe 5 psi max. It looks like from the picture that the one you have broken is the one that goes under the tuna can looking CDR instead of the pair on the intake manifold. Correct? If so, it died because of the build up of oil over the decades. Clean it with soap and water and wrap with Gorilla tape. I know it sounds trashy, but its function is to hold in a little bit of oil and blow by.

I am sure someone will post up that they have a spare 30 year old elbow for a nominal fee. I have several but don't like selling rubber parts of that age. As you found out, straight heater hose can't make the bend. I made the entire CDR system on my Cowdog turbo 6500 engine. I used a coat hanger to make a template of the bends I had to have and cut out the length I needed. Then I convinced the O'Reilly's people to let me go compare to pre bent heater hoses they had hanging in the back. I found almost an exact match and it works great. All you need is to find a 3/4" heater hose with a 90° bend somewhere in it. Easy.

DooDooBrown

Thanks for the responses. There isn’t many parts houses around here so I had to order something on line that should work. In the mean time, I got some high temp tape and wrapped it. It shifts a little better now but that doesn’t seem to be my only problem.

MarcusOReallyus

Probably time to replace all the vacuum lines. They are usually pretty rotted. Not expensive, not difficult, and it's the very first thing you should do if you have a shifting problem, because it often (usually?) cures the problem right away.

rsh4364

Came across this place tonight. Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies, they carry silicone 3/4 90s prices high but they carry about anything you could need or want . I have been wanting to install a single plane intake on my 1009 and was looking for adaptor hose for cdr system. The single plane has 1 large port vs 2 smaller ports on the dual plane.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks