• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest Find: Half Track

Wayofftrack

My buddy really hit this one out of the park. It still has probably 90% of the factory grey paint on the motor. It's been on the same ranch since sold surplus in 1946.

IMG_5419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Running condition? Yes, I suppose.

62 years and one post US Govt owner..... Any interest is parting with it, or just showing it off to us??

Thanks for sharing it.
You may want to re-figure your math
Thanks for pointing that out.

CORRECT ANSWER:72 YEARS!!!

I'm not so sure it was my "math" that was off or if it was my "fat fingers" and failure to proofread. In either case, I'm glad you caught the error.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks clean.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe since it’s the same location since surplus all the stuff that’s missing is laying around the property

Wayofftrack

Running condition? Yes, I suppose.

62 years and one post US Govt owner..... Any interest is parting with it, or just showing it off to us??

Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks. Going thru it before we try and start it, was sitting many years. Probably will be selling it. It's so nice it's tempting to keep but I have too much other stuff I need to keep working on.

Wayofftrack

Maybe since it’s the same location since surplus all the stuff that’s missing is laying around the property
I'm sure there are still some parts of it lying around. My buddy could not get permission to pick thru his junk pile. As hard as it is to find this stuff it's usually even harder to make a deal. I have tried to buy stuff that later went to scrap for 1/10th of what I was offering.

dmetalmiki

That is a fantastic find. And a nice easy project to work on. It looks like mine did allmost when we pulled (saved) it from a river. It took me 3 years to rebuild it. (It was an International though),
The white was (is) a much better vehicle.The machine shown has some really rare and original parts.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a FIND! What a machine! That would be a HOOT to drive around the property and to the local Casey's for a cup of joe and doughnut! Thanks for sharing.................hard to believe that stuff like that is still out there

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What an incredible find! What would be the consensus of this group: Complete restoration back to it's original condition, or simply get it all working and usable?

My vote would to leave it in its's current beautiful state and get it running reliably. I just love that weathered look!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks