• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest Find: Half Track

1943ht

Outstanding find!! Is there a reason we can't mention the location of the find. Was it Jane Fonda's place or Ted Turner spread? Inquiring minds would like to KNOW :whistle: LOL

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not hauled it to FL yet. It came off a ranch in New Mexico. A very famous place actually lol.
Oh, my!

Often I have those BLOND MOMENTS and don't connect the dots to reach what SHOULD be obvious conclusions. (SIGH)

But alas! Eventually I get an epiphany and that light bulb atop my head shines brightly....

I may know this halftrack!!!
Did she for many years stand (literally on jack posts with her wheels levitated) as a landmark corner "gate guard" for Army Surplus Store in eastern New Mexico???
Did she serve as a "beacon to visitors" whom may be arriving in the neighborhood from places far, far, FAR, VERY FAR away???
Does she "GLOW IN THE DARK"???

If so, then I believe I DO know this Halftrack!
... And I might add... many, many, many people before you have inquired about acquiring her. Yet NONE before you had ever been successful.
You, Sir, may have actually BOLDLY GONE WHERE NO MAN HAD GONE BEFORE ! ! !

Sounds kinda OUT OF THIS WORLD if you ask me!!!

Please, please, tell me if this is so!

(The careful reader may see some (not so subtle) clues in the message above - almost like a cryptic message from OUTER SPACE.) :doh:

GOOGLE EARTH's former spy satellite even recorded this image of the vehicle I believe we are enjoying in this thread "on gate guard duty" back in October of 2014...

Screenshot (98).jpg

Last edited:

Wayofftrack

Oh, my!

Often I have those BLOND MOMENTS and don't connect the dots to reach what SHOULD be obvious conclusions. (SIGH)

But alas! Eventually I get an epiphany and that light bulb atop my head shines brightly....

I may know this halftrack!!!
Did she for many years stand (literally on jack posts with her wheels levitated) as a landmark corner "gate guard" for Army Surplus Store in eastern New Mexico???
Did she serve as a "beacon to visitors" whom may be arriving in the neighborhood from places far, far, FAR, VERY FAR away???
Does she "GLOW IN THE DARK"???

If so, then I believe I DO know this Halftrack!
... And I might add... many, many, many people before you have inquired about acquiring her. Yet NONE before you had ever been successful.
You, Sir, may have actually BOLDLY GONE WHERE NO MAN HAD GONE BEFORE ! ! !

Sounds kinda OUT OF THIS WORLD if you ask me!!!

Please, please, tell me if this is so!

(The careful reader may see some (not so subtle) clues in the message above - almost like a cryptic message from OUTER SPACE.) :doh:

GOOGLE EARTH's former spy satellite even recorded this image of the vehicle I believe we are enjoying in this thread "on gate guard duty" back in October of 2014...

View attachment 739269

No not the surplus store track although I'm familiar with that one. This one was on a ranch outside Roswell. I should have been more specific I meant the area was famous not the specific ranch. Not sure how close it was to that ranch that had the alleged problem with the little green men, I didn't ask lol.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alas, I was WRONG....
....which reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwkU8-d1gIk

And the readers LAUGHED!!!

By the way....

My wife, Dianna, was born in Roswell NM in 1967 - yes the gestation period for aliens is 20 years! Her 1/2 brother still lives there in their grandmother's old house. I have explored the "neighborhood" on quite a few occasions.

Here's a thread about "discovering" a nearby Missile Silo: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...le-Silo-De-Mil-How-would-YOU-do-it&highlight=

(NOT intending to hijack this thread.)

Next time we are in Roswell I'll stop in and nudge the guy about that halftrack I mentioned... But was WRONG!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks