• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12/24 volt fleet style charger with slave port

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
So I decided I wanted to have a 24 volt charger handy and found this unit on A-----. Thought I might as well come up.with a way to charge directly to the truck through the slave port and came up with is setup. Haven't tried to jump start or charge yet but it runs my 1/2" robotool on the jump start setting. Hope it holds up and works well.IMG_20180521_180014.jpgIMG_20180521_175911.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice solution, Coastie. I'm interested to know where you located the external mount box for the slave port receptacle.

I tried searching for the "Monster battery charger" but all I come up with are small units for providing USB power. Would you please give us the charger part number?
Rick

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Here is the screen shot from Amazon for the charger. The box I used is a heavy duty unit I found laying around at work. It is heavy wall plastic. The cover is just a modified wall cover . Had to drill out the back for the wiring. Like I said before I haven't tried it charging or under a heavy load. Hope it holds up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks