• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Cummins compressor stud, Freightliner and Ford medium duty online catalog

gentrysgarage

OK Guys I am a little frustrated with the nickle and dime'ing of getting the Cummins in the XM135.
First off ther Air Compressor:
I am looking for the Air compressor mounting stud, the studs for the Dodge Cummins and M939A2 (crossed them) seem to be of the breakaway type,
IMG_1070.jpg
The one on the left is the stud that came with the TuFlo 550, and is much beefier than the one for the single piston compressor/Dodge stud on the right.
Next...when I got the Freightliner parts motor It had a TF 550 on it, but the wrecking yard HAD to have it so I didn't get it but it came with the block mount portion...for the life of me I can't figure out how the bent the support from it to the compressor itself. I bought a Ford compressor mount kit but the hydraulic pump adapter part of the kit is much smaller than the ZF pump and the block bracket looks like it was for a single piston compressor. Anybody have a clear picture of the block portion of the mount and the support bracket..preferably from a Freightliner..been web surfing and finding lots of Freithliner 5.9 6BTA pics with compressors, but the compressor is in the way!
Thanks in Advance!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those studs aren't a break away type. IIRC, they are 12.9 grade. There are a mess of different mounts for the compressor. most all are different from one another. Shoot me an ESN and I can see if the engine was built with the Bendix compressor and get support p/n's. If the engine was shipped w/o a compressor, you'll need the vin from the vehicle the engine came out of to get the parts you need.

gentrysgarage

Thanks for the Offer Will !!
I might be screwed, the wreckers wiped the ESN numbers off the gearcase, I still have the shortblock and hopefully they stamped it on the front. I am also searching to see if I have the original TPI webpage I bought the engine off of.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No numbers stamped on the block by Cummins, that's how they did things on midrange engines. You could get a block and head s/n and call Cummins to get the ESN if data plated were lost on them, that's the only way to find it out. Well, maybe 1 other way, IF the OEM did their job properly, the ESN can be referenced by a vin, but that is ONLY if the OEM did what they were supposed to do, a 50/50 chance it happened. If you have a vin, I can try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks