• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 Deuce, new owner - new member

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t recall if this has been addressed: if there’s an auto electric company in your area, pull the alternator and have it bench tested. If there’s nothing wrong you may be charged a bench fee, which in my case was $35.00. In Cheyenne, there is a repair shop called Auto Electric but they repair just about anything. It can’t hurt to check the little bugger out on a bench.

dmetalmiki

Unless I’m missing something that you’re saying, Nope. I’m sealed up tight as a drum. I made sure of it. I double checked, running the pump, and double check again. It’s all still dry as a bone. I won’t bust off without starter fluid, but once it starts it stays running. It pulses massively at idle all the time now, instead of just when it was cold. She still smokes like a freight train all the time and I’m thinking I’m a I done. It’s getting worse not better. I put it all back together today. Blaaa
I feel for you..(as) I was hoping that you found the 'cure'..(as) My friends deuce does exactly what your truck is doing.
Only starts on teflon penetrating oil (easier on the works!) But once running the truck is great. It (that problem) is driving us barmy!.
I am going to change ALL and EVERY fuel line with quality high pressure rubber hose, eliminating all and any junctions t fittings or couplings.
I had the problem on my 5 ton camper (M54A2) and when I completed the task mentioned, It fired up (before my finger hit the tit!( ..Just kidding))..first 'prod, and ran like a train.
( And I had cleaned, changed, worked on, EVERY part of the fuel system prior with no result!).
My 1/2 penne'th.
pee-ess!..Advisors on this site KEPT ON saying .."air" .."air" .."air"........"AIR!"...and.....they (the advisors) Were..CORRECT.

Last edited:

tobyS

I love how these trucks, some over 50 years old just don't die and if they do its cheap and easy to fix them in most cases. The M35A2 is the best truck EVER made! I am proud to own one and willingly except the butt pain that is involved.

Have you seen the Kia military truck line? Google it and look at the images. They have copies of both the deuce and the 5 tons with modern engines and drives, but nearly identical...and the Jeep, check them out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks