• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 Deuce, new owner - new member

KevinGaus

No. What you see is what I got. I want it to look a little nicer. I can’t find any pictures of a complete set up, with the larger stamped surface. The four empty holes smacks of needing something. I was thinking And informational data type plate behind there maybe. Or for mounting something to the inside of the truck or a completely different system is supposed to be there I just don’t know but I’m not happy with the way it looks now

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the old two prong one fits the whole area there, what you have looks like a DIY upgrade. Weather it was done by the Military or some dude. We used to do shady upgrades to trucks and Humvees during Iraq, we didn’t always have what was right but we had what would work right now.

Make sure to cover it as that is a HOT outlet!

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on. I just want it to look complete. And yeah the right people know not to jam anything in there. Thanks a bunch For helping me clear all this up.
Hey dude I am new too, but 13 years in the Army helps me out in situations regarding NATO standard stuff.

KevinGaus

I hear that I’m trying not to overthink things. I’m down to The tedious stuff. Beautification, getting all the gauges working, fine tuning the injector pump, those kind of things

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been deployed for 5 months and one more to go (short tour) and I have been on this site reading every day all I can about my truck. I am figuring everything out, downloading and reading all the TMs all the way up to depot level maint. Read read read… if I have an idea about my truck I search the forums and 99% of the time there is 15 ways to do what I want to do. This site is awesome and most of the people are helpful.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on. I just want it to look complete. And yeah the right people know not to jam anything in there. Thanks a bunch For helping me clear all this up.
Just install four short bolts w/ the nuts on the inside. Paint to match.

KevinGaus

This is what was in my head. Making a small data plate for lack of a better way to describe it. Then make it look like the dash data plates, and short list info on it like, voltage 12 V blah blah blah. Mounting it underneath the plug I could move the plug up or down to make the information plate underneath look more correct, even though it’s not. but I’m thinking original equipment always looks cooler. C9FFCC80-0C4B-45A8-B876-FC42E8761E94.jpg

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better now than you posting a pic of the plate and some smart a$$ like me goes, Well you see the mistake is...

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what was in my head. Making a small data plate for lack of a better way to describe it. Then make it look like the dash data plates, and short list info on it like, voltage 12 V blah blah blah. Mounting it underneath the plug I could move the plug up or down to make the information plate

underneath look more correct, even though it’s not. but I’m thinking original equipment always looks cooler. View attachment 732842
I had a local trophy shop make this rear diff lock plaque. I drew it up in MS Word, and gave them the overall dimensions. Don't remember exactly what it cost, but less than $20. It's just laser-engraved aluminum, and they do that stuff all day long (I did mill out the slot for the switch lever myself). Trophy shop might be of help to the project if you have one nearby.
IMG_20180628_143411459.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks