• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy All!

YardDog1008

FNG here, just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. I’m a CNC machinist currently living in central Oregon; been pulling up Steel Soldiers threads every time I’ve needed to find advice via google the last few years, figured it was about time to join.

My current rig is a beat up 1008 that’s been nicknamed the Yard Dog, supposedly it was a motor pool parts getter in a past life. It’s had that inscription sprayed on the driver door since lord knows when, so I’m not gonna change it.

Anywho! Traded the truck for an extremely clean K5 Blazer I had; only to find the wiring was fried from a 24V starter relay failure. Converted it to 12V in a friends driveway the same night and drove 300 miles home on a failing alternator. Hooked like a tuna after that. Used a civilian cab harness and mismatched gauge cluster to re-wire the cab, that was fun. Realized after getting it home it sat funny up front; frames bent about 2” upwards towards the passenger side from what looks to me like going airborne.

The truck is currently sitting on 4” leafs up front and a shackle flip in the rear. f250 shock towers up front, Dually hubs and H1 rims. Plans are for some MTRs and PVC inserts in the very near future; collecting up parts for an NV4500 swap and a turbo, hopefully have both those on by sometime next summer.

Built the winch bumper myself, started with an 8274; needed a little more grunt stuck in the mud pulling gramps’ 1031 out; landed on a 12k HF unit.

Had a pop up camper on it at one point, ran that around the Pismo Dunes pretty frequently; went to a canopy top and am back to a tool box and open
bed now.

I suppose ill end this post now as its getting quite lengthy, apologies to anyone with OCD that was forced to read through this entire tirade haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks