• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has all of the MINT CONDITION SURPLUS already been SOLD??

chadnick

I am looking to purchase another FMTV. I was curious if all of the "mint condition" trucks have already run the auctioned off? Or are they releasing them to auction slowly over time? Thanks.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the government is building the military back up , I doubt they will be releasing recent rebuilt or great condition trucks. They are going to release well used trucks at a trickle for a while.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Bottom line is no and far from it. I would not consider the current trickle as an indicator. The military is replaced unarmored with uparmored and it is not cost effective to modify an UN to an AR.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently got a rebuilt M1078...a true rebuild, not a RRAD reset or whatever they call it. It was a true rebuild with either new components (e.g., transmission) or rebuilt (e.g., engine). They come out. You just have to look carefully. My truck was listed as "would not start" or something like that. Someone had swapped relays around. I am very happy with what I got...but there was a risk given that I was not sure it ran when I won it.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be more coming to public sale soon. The GSAXcess site has several bases surplussing them now and should start showing up in the public sales sites in a few months. Indianapolis has 2 dozen decent 1088-A1s. Connecticut has a dozen mix of 1078s, 1078-A1s, 1083-A1s. A dozen or so way out in Hawaii and a bunch in North Carolina. Other states 4 here 6 there and so on. CARNAC is spot on and they will be dumping the old un-armored as the new armored rolls in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks