• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a M923A2 ROPS

jcdostie

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I just bought a M923A2 ROPS truck.
I drove it back to Canada from St-Louis, Misouri last week-end. 22H of driving :jumpin::jumpin:
m923a2-jc.jpg
So this morning, I had to go and pass the mandatory inspection for licencing in Quebec. 2 minor bugs, but one I'm a bit confuse is the loose in the steering column. I will check that tomorrow.
m923a1-inspection.jpg

JC

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I just bought a M923A2 ROPS truck.
I drove it back to Canada from St-Louis, Misouri last week-end. 22H of driving :jumpin::jumpin:
View attachment 729470
So this morning, I had to go and pass the mandatory inspection for licencing in Quebec. 2 minor bugs, but one I'm a bit confuse is the loose in the steering column. I will check that tomorrow.
View attachment 729471

JC
there is an adjustment in the steering box.

Least that midwest truck got ya home. We all know where it came from by the red shackles

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jcdostie

there is an adjustment in the steering box.

Least that midwest truck got ya home. We all know where it came from by the red shackles

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will check the adjustment

Is there something wrong with Midwest ? The truck I have comes from them and I had a great service. And it's very clean. A good inspection did the job

JC

jcdostie

Some projects since I bought it and it's very strong (trees towing, concrete transportation, hauling race car and of course some offroad ) :grin:
Here's the last one, preparing for moose hunting :deadhorse:

I had to raise the bows to get it in the truck. Now I need rubber cord

m923-iltis.jpg

JC

therooster2001

I know I am a little late, but congrats, eh. Those ugly tops only a mother / MV owner could love. Some ROPS owners are as vehemently opposed to the normal tops. Seriously, nice vehicle. 22H is a good recovery! How's your butt? Did it give you any hassle? Did you do it in 2 or 3 days? Tell us! We need details...

Have fun with it. Post lots of picts, and do lots of maintenance on it, and post that too. Curiosity. How may ROPS as a percentage were out there in the world? 5%? 2%?

Welcome from Colorado. I routinely visit NB. Glad you have a MV in Quebec! Love that iron!

Last edited:

jcdostie

Did it give you any hassle? Did you do it in 2 or 3 days?
Nothing on the way back (2 days) and up until now, very reliable. The only thing was the misalignment of the main strap on the engine. We putted a laser on the alternator pulley and find out it was not center with the others. We shimmed it and that's it.

Was easy at US customs, but a bit longer at Canadian ones. They said I did not pay enough for the truck :-D:-D

Here's a few pictures of missions

With the Iltis in the truck, I had to raised the bows. Now it fit perfectly. I ordered some rubber rope to remove the yellow ones
cordes-jaunes.jpg

This one is the cutting of 3 big poplars. They were about to fall on a tennis court. Did not had to push hard on the fuel pedal :wink:
les-cedres.jpg

Always handy to have a table and seats at a party when the rain is coming
lorenzo.jpg

And this one is, well, another usefull load: 2 tons of concrete, lawnmower tractor and I think I forgot, I have a pontoon at the back :mrgreen:
ponton.jpg

I will post some pictures of my hitch and a story about it...

JC

therooster2001

Glad to see it earning its keep! Keep em coming. We love to see these guys work.

Did customs make you pay tax on sale price or calculated value?

jcdostie

Did customs make you pay tax on sale price or calculated value?
Here in Quebec, we have 2 taxes. One is Federal and one Provincial.
The Federal is paid at Customs on sale price. I had to give them a proof of payment (wire transfer) so they see it's the right price.
The Provincial is paid at Vehicle Office, which is usually the market value of the vehicle. When it's more than 15 years old, you need an evaluation. I had an evaluator's report for that, so I paid the Provincial tax on that amout, which was higher aua

JC

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Salut jcdostie! Welcome to the site. Great looking truck you have there. Where in Quebec are you located? I am south east of Montreal. Ex-military mechanic that would love to get my hands on a MLVW or Iltis. Cheers!

jcdostie

Salut jcdostie! Welcome to the site. Great looking truck you have there. Where in Quebec are you located? I am south east of Montreal. Ex-military mechanic that would love to get my hands on a MLVW or Iltis. Cheers!
I sent you a private message

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks