• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

instaling a new diesel motor in my m1008

123pv

the 6.2 will notget 55mph I have the pedal3/4 to the floor. to get that. to be legal interstate mph. I never pull any trailer to grandisle from BatonRouge 125miles. 60 miles on the interstate. 35inch tires. I have no load in the bed only my spare tire.installing a john DERE 55hp disel tractor engine, my truck is a m1009 k30. I was told I have a5/8 ton, not a 1 ton truck. do I need to box the frame? irewired every wire installed 2 professionally rebuilt alt. the humve with the 5.6 diesel. number 8 cylinder. is cracking the block. the problems in the desert. with the 6.5 is the #8 cylinder cracking. can I please get some advise. on installing a larger diesel motor in mu cucv m1oo9. I am confident in driving to main in my truck. going 45mph which is the idle.had the injecter reduilt. the same time I had new alternaters installed. im getting read of my truck if any body wants it. I will drive it to you. for free. the motor is great no knocking. im just scared to go 55. my tach is 2500. I installed a tranny cooler. I was told it is not a 1 ton a 5/8 ton the vin. I have a t400 tranny 16bhd34j3gf433822. is my vin. the 5inch lift is all I needed for 35's. new ac60 gloplugs, new glowplug realay. new tranny filter.
any other diesels that might be better than a john deere. I am looking into an izu. never been in the mudd. or pulled some body out of the mudd. the wet grass in the yard to my shop is the only non pavment that it has been on. I love the solid steel construction of the truck. the john deere idea. came from I can buy a 4x4 one with that comes with the transfercase & the transmission. a izu diesel is light. the 6.2 is 750lbs. if I add a diesel that is more than 750 lbs. do I need to box the frame? this is a long post I think I am not liked on the site. I have 20years of working on farm tractors.

Last edited by a moderator:

123mack

My M1009 cruises 62-65 mph no problem. It is all stock, including tires. The M1009 is the Blazer. The pickup truck is a M1008 in its base form.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 6.2 will notget 55mph I have the pedal3/4 to the floor. to get that. to be legal interstate mph. I never pull any trailer to grandisle from BatonRouge 125miles. 60 miles on the interstate. 35inch tires. I have no load in the bed only my spare tire.installing a john DERE 55hp disel tractor engine, my truck is a m1009 k30. I was told I have a5/8 ton, not a 1 ton truck. do I need to box the frame? irewired every wire installed 2 professionally rebuilt alt. the humve with the 5.6 diesel. number 8 cylinder. is cracking the block. the problems in the desert. with the 6.5 is the #8 cylinder cracking. can I please get some advise. on installing a larger diesel motor in mu cucv m1oo9. I am confident in driving to main in my truck. going 45mph which is the idle.had the injecter reduilt. the same time I had new alternaters installed. im getting read of my truck if any body wants it. I will drive it to you. for free. the motor is great no knocking. im just scared to go 55. my tach is 2500. I installed a tranny cooler. I was told it is not a 1 ton a 5/8 ton the vin. I have a t400 tranny 16bhd34j3gf433822. is my vin. the 5inch lift is all I needed for 35's. new ac60 gloplugs, new glowplug realay. new tranny filter.
any other diesels that might be better than a john deere. I am looking into an izu. never been in the mudd. or pulled some body out of the mudd. the wet grass in the yard to my shop is the only non pavment that it has been on. I love the solid steel construction of the truck. the john deere idea. came from I can buy a 4x4 one with that comes with the transfercase & the transmission. a izu diesel is light. the 6.2 is 750lbs. if I add a diesel that is more than 750 lbs. do I need to box the frame? this is a long post I think I am not liked on the site. I have 20years of working on farm tractors.
So you figure going from a 140 hp 6.2 to a 55 hp john deere motor is going to help ?

If you have a M1009 you have a K5 not a K30.

It would probably be a good idea to post a picture so we can tell you what CUCV you have .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Diesel_V8_engine
Max RPMs: 3,600 rpm

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Checked the vin, that vin number is wrong. Doesn't exist. Think someone just trolling. My 6.2 with a 700r4 can get me up to 70 mph with no problems, I can even pull my matching trailer with it at 70 mph while going up a hill.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked the vin, that vin number is wrong. Doesn't exist. Think someone just trolling. My 6.2 with a 700r4 can get me up to 70 mph with no problems, I can even pull my matching trailer with it at 70 mph while going up a hill.
Either that or PWI ( posting while intoxicated ).

nyoffroad

Wow, thats one tough read there!
The JD engine swap (how can I say this nicely) is a piss poor idea!
I have a M1008 and with stock 4.56 gears and a 700R4 tranny cruise at 70-75 without a problem.
The rest of your post is just more or less gibberish.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, thats one tough read there!
The JD engine swap (how can I say this nicely) is a piss poor idea!
I have a M1009 and with stock 4.56 gears and a 700R4 tranny cruise at 70-75 without a problem.
The rest of your post is just more or less gibberish.
Did you do a axle swap from a pick-up ?

From the wiki M1009 has a 3.08 gear ratio.

The M1009 has Corporate 10 bolt axles front and rear with 3.08 gear ratio and a Gov-Lok in the rear. The front axle is open.

nyoffroad

Did you do a axle swap from a pick-up ?

From the wiki M1009 has a 3.08 gear ratio.

The M1009 has Corporate 10 bolt axles front and rear with 3.08 gear ratio and a Gov-Lok in the rear. The front axle is open.
Opps! You busted me! I should've read it before posting, I have a M1008. (stupid fat fingers)

nyoffroad

Ok I went back and reread the the first post, First off your truck is not 5/8 ton, the military called them 5/4 T or in correct english it would be a 1and 1/4 ton.
As the slow speed and low power much has been written about that but have you checked the fuel lift pump? How about the air cleaner? Both will effect power and speed. That would be my first place to look.

123pv

thanks for readingmy post" I posted f r " honest toughts.thanks youbeing honest u did not hurt my feelings thks4 honesty put my vin# in the post, bc I might have made a mistake in converting my vin. it is not a blazer.70- 75 I could achive if I pushed the pedal through the floor board. the crankshaft might go through the oil pan" the rest is to give a member why I asked for others opion" r u pressing the pedal to the floorboard. thanks 4 your honesty. what is your rpms? from reading every post on the board. 6500rpms is max b4 it blows compleately

123pv

if I go the interstate 55mph I will get it towed to u free at 55mph it sounds like the crank is on its way the I am scared to keep that speed bc I have read every post posted in the forum 6500rpms is not good bc it is not made for that high my personal emailis villze8@ gmail.com 2256204470 is my cell#

123pv

the rpms sound so high @ 55. I have read prob every post on here 6500 is maximum rpms b4 the crank comes through the oil pan I read that there is a governor on it. pushing the pedal so hard it will go through the floor board."thank you for reading my post I wanted to get honest feed back from owners that know more than I do about red cab military trucks. I put the vin# in just incase I didn't convert correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks