• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

instaling a new diesel motor in my m1008

nyoffroad

Will the police really ticket you for driving what you think is 55mph? I run 55-60 in my M1008, stock tires and tranny, on Interstate 81 frequently up here and the State Police don't even care. .
I run that section of 81 twice a day, once about 5:30-6 and again about midnight. Don't know if I've ever seen you out there, I've seen a deuce a couple times and an old Dodge PW down around Castle Creek and a couple time something I have no idea what it was but the lights on were dim VERY dim and it was doing maybe 50. That section of 81 has more speeding tickets written that any other road in NY so use caution folks!

FrankenCub

I run that section of 81 twice a day, once about 5:30-6 and again about midnight. Don't know if I've ever seen you out there, I've seen a deuce a couple times and an old Dodge PW down around Castle Creek and a couple time something I have no idea what it was but the lights on were dim VERY dim and it was doing maybe 50. That section of 81 has more speeding tickets written that any other road in NY so use caution folks!
I'm not usually on 81 around 12pm, once in a while. Between 5-6 more often if my wife want's me to meet her in Binghamton for dinner. Otherwise my times are scattered lol.
But still traveling between the Point and Binghamton a LOT. You aren't kidding about the number of speeding tickets written lmao. I've gotten a few on that section with other vehicles, now I'm in no hurry. They're getting a lot of drug traffic threw there too. Something else to be aware of, they have stepped up their game with low profile vehicles! I've see them using a black Ram 1500, a really sweet charcoal gray Charger that doesn't fit the usual NYSP theme and a Durango that also doesn't quite fit the theme. So, you want to keep your eyes pealed lol.

LT67

Here in Michigan they will ticket you for "impeding traffic" for going slower than the posted minimum speeds on interstate highways.
Here in Ga it's the law to move out of the left lane so traffic is not impeded regardless of speed. It's helped a lot with traffic on the interstates, however there's more than a few that haven't gotten the message yet... and if I'm passing another vehicle in a M1008, they're driving too slow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks