• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corpus Christi to Hillsboro, NC and back 1-4 June

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This is a late Thursday night departure and I have to be back at work on the morning of the 5th.

Anything I have in the classifieds is free transport if you can pick it up from me along the interstate at whatever time I pass through.

Right now I plan to go I-10 to I-85 but that is open depending on who needs what moved and where they are at.

I have an open full size pickup east bound. If you have something bigger, I can take my 24' deck over trailer with the right motivation.

I can also go to San Antonio, again for the right motivation.

Time is everything so any load would need to be pulled off when I arrive (that might be 0100 hrs in the morning).

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Leaving in morning. I-10 to I-85 unless someone needs me to get something somewhere else. Will check PM in the morning. If you PM me, include a phone number so I can call. Don't want to be playing PM tag.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Home very early this morning. Headed to work in a few.

Went to MuleKicker to pick up my DRASH that he grabbed and held for me from Lejeune. Wes, his brother Adam, and their father Mike did a full service loadout for me. I couldn't lift a finger. Everything got chained down and secure. My neighbor bought a 10k MEP803a over the phone that Wes had for sale. They still have a 23kw and 10ton ECU GETT (DRASH) trailer. It is the version that I think has the larger fuel tank and extended bed trailer to fit a tent. I heard it run and it sounds great. If you're looking for a GETT (DRASH) trailer, this one appears to be a good buy.

Also, Wes goes past Ft Bragg all the time. So if you need a pickup at Lejeune or Bragg, these folks can probably get you helped out.

As usual, I can't make a trip without drama. About an hour after load out, I was on 85 and went through a tire debris field. About 20 miles or less later I had a catastrophic blowout of a tire, just as the skies opened up. This appears to have taken out a single ubolt. Changed tire and gingerly limped into a hotel for the night. Spent the next day getting a new tire and fixing U bolt (replaced both).

Decision had already been made to sell the trailer. Being in Corpus is great except it's the end of the line and nobody is down here to buy 'stuff', everything has to be moved north. So I decided to sell it in NC. Lance Robinson helped make some arrangements to leave it in NC. A call to TacticalHummer and he pulled the equipment off the trailer using his MTV Wrecker and had me park the trailer at his brothers farm until sold. First time I've seen the MTV Wrecker in action, I'm impressed.

Big thanks to Mike, Lance, Wes, Adam, and MIke. So that's it, I think my fun and games doing trips is over. The TX show up near College Station will probably be my only show next year. Tired of the driving, getting too old for this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks