• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a couple Jerry Cans at a local flea market today......

stugpanzer

The guy wanted $12 each for them so I offered $20 for both and he accepted. I am going to clean them up a bit and fill with water to see if there are leaks. I suspect the one dated 1952 has a leak since its a bit oily on the bottom. If no leaks then I will finish cleaning, paint and then use them on my MEP-803a trailer.

20180527_201651.jpg20180527_201702.jpg20180527_201710.jpg

csheath

I think I have one in my shed but it's burried. I saw the spout on a shelf the other day.

Bmxenbrett

They make gas tank leak coat/stopper stuff that works prety good. So even if they leak its not a total loss.

dmetalmiki

I have some 'spouts' I purchased at an event, The seller said "they fit any can, U.S. or British".
I was was sceptical..But guess what?. They sure as heck do.

jagrdawger

Spouts...huh...spouts? must be a civilian term for something on a fuel can. Never heard them called anything but the 5th appendage of a hybrid equine in 22 years of active duty...LOL :deadhorse:

Bmxenbrett

Not sure on brand. A friend used it on a 3 wheeler fuel tank that had many pin holes. Little bondo and paint and the thing looked show room clean. But these tanks without holes/rust are close to $300

Chainbreaker

If you do decide to use Red-Kote just make sure those Jerry Cans never held diesel. Here is Red-Kote warning:

"Diesel Fuel Tanks - A brand new tank intended for
use with diesel may be lined prior to use. A tank that
has had diesel fuel in it will need to be sand blasted
prior to using Red-Kote. Diesel fuel leaves a paraffin
coating inside the tank that Red-Kote will not stick to.
There is no known cleaning method to remove this
paraffin coating other than sand blasting. If you choose
to line a diesel tank you do so at your own risk."

View attachment Red-Kote.pdf

USAMilRet

Spouts...huh...spouts? must be a civilian term for something on a fuel can. Never heard them called anything but the 5th appendage of a hybrid equine in 22 years of active duty...LOL :deadhorse:
IIRC, when I was in the military they were called "Donkey Dicks". Never heard them called anything else than that, even when doing a change of command inventory. They were made of flexible metal tubes and you could never find one when you needed it.

We did find a stash in the WAC Shack at one time.... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks