• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for cab info

ToolManTimTaylor

Hey all. With sad news my truck's sister was crushed by a tree that came right through a tripple 2x6 framed garage here in ct. It JUST had its final touches done on an otherwise long and argous restoration and ss luck had it a week before parade duty.

Anyhow the cowl /firewall are so badly stoved in it pulled it 3" down under the windshield frame. The hood channel is folded and creased and the metal is cracking just by weld/stud pulling. At this point I'm sure I can cut/ graft and weld in place but need a cab to do so. Anyone have leads on a cab /yard that has one? Doing a full cab swap is a hellish nightmare i want to avoid if possible.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suprman may know of something in your area. Since you list (2) 923's, you must need the larger cab. We definitely would like some pictures.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey all. With sad news my truck's sister was crushed by a tree that came right through a tripple 2x6 framed garage here in ct. It JUST had its final touches done on an otherwise long and argous restoration and ss luck had it a week before parade duty.

Anyhow the cowl /firewall are so badly stoved in it pulled it 3" down under the windshield frame. The hood channel is folded and creased and the metal is cracking just by weld/stud pulling. At this point I'm sure I can cut/ graft and weld in place but need a cab to do so. Anyone have leads on a cab /yard that has one? Doing a full cab swap is a hellish nightmare i want to avoid if possible.
Full cab swap takes about 3 hours. Hardest part is the air lines that are bolted to the bottom of the cab. Everything else is gravy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ToolManTimTaylor

3 hours probably for cab itself assuming the means to hoist.... which do not lol. Could rent a Lull worst case.

The Seats, battery box , steering , brake air , brake treaddle , ctis air, power , harness , dash , gauges ,
Trans control, windshield frame / glass , doors , top , insulation , mat etc swap after.

Being the truck is in perfect shape (all new insulation , paint , data plates , battery box , grommets , windows , weatherstripping seats .. I mean the whole hammer will have to transfer over and be uninstalled off "new" cab only to reinstall his stuff) cut , grind , weld is no BIG deal ... just need cab 2 cut

Found a NEW empty cab ... but wanted to see what other options exist close by first. And working 2nd shift sure doesn't help either. Pics maybe friday

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks