• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv a1p2

spankybear

Dose it lift off and out of the lock ? Does the lock pin disengage? OR is it the cab air ride system leveling if the a1p2 has that??

Last edited:

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my A-0, as you lower the cab, the lock engages and the cab ride sensor re-adjust the cab level to where it should be. That may be what you are seeing.

Pointman

coachgeo

Could it be it was a sweet A0 that they liked so much it got upfitted to an A1P2??? thus it kept the air ride cab?

What rear axle does it have? somewhere in the A1P2 line is when they went to the Power Divider style axle

scottmandu

Could it be it was a sweet A0 that they liked so much it got upfitted to an A1P2??? thus it kept the air ride cab?
What rear axle does it have? somewhere in the A1P2 line is when they went to the Power Divider style axle
The power divider style rear axle was used either in late 2006 or 2007. The cab air shocks were removed for the A1R, so late 2004 and onward.

BRANDONFHL

SAFETY LOCKS ARE ENGAGED. SOME OF OUR A1P2s RAISE UP ONE TO TWO INCHES AFTER FULLY LOWERED AND OTHERS DO NOT. I DONT BELEVE ITS A DEADLINE JUST WONDER IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR ISSUES.

coachgeo

SAFETY LOCKS ARE ENGAGED. SOME OF OUR A1P2s RAISE UP ONE TO TWO INCHES AFTER FULLY LOWERED AND OTHERS DO NOT. I DONT BELEVE ITS A DEADLINE JUST WONDER IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR ISSUES.
Sounds like from the responses here...... to better answer; would help indirectly if we were given the year of A1p2's in question. In particular though; letting us know if they do or do not have air ride system under the cab will open up more exacting answers.

Last edited:

coachgeo

i work on these for a living, and that is part of the electric over hydraulic system on the a1p2's and is perfectly normal.
???? so if they do not have cab air bag/shocks at rear of cab like the A0's how/where is the tie in to the electric air/over hydraulic system? Just thru the lift cylinder or is there something else too?

coachgeo

is that sitting where the squat cylinder once was? Are they an air shock or a hydraulic shock? Their adjustment air activated? Makes since they are more heavy duty to handle weight of armored cab.

So the previous air bag setup disappeared with the armored cabs or before that with a serious of the regular A1 cabs? If before that..... did they use the same system just pictured or something else?

Last edited:

coachgeo

Yes, the truck in the 3 pictures is an armored M1083 A1P2
ok..... so the question still remains.......... did they stop using the airbags with any of the a1's there were NOT armored.. and did they have some sort of a cab shock different than the one pictured??...... or same set up as pictured?

Again..... very much thank you. This is interesting info.

Johno176

My 2005 M1088 A1 does not have airbags for the cab. There is no cab shock either. I believe A1's prior to 2005 had the airbags from what I've seen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks