• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate to brag but.....

Camel Driver

Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good! I finally had a little time to work on our M1083 this week. And one of the things that wasn't working was the CTIS. (Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!) I was pretty sure I was hearing an air leak every time it cycled. So, I had my wife sit there in the cab and push the "Road" button repeatedly. Low and behold, there was a severly damaged air line running to the drivers side 3rd axle. I had a new line made up at an exorbatent fee and everything started working once it was installed! Hahaha, I really hope some more repairs go this easy.

I also changed a rear axle vent line that I picked up cheap online. (Just for the heck of it.)

And, repaired the windshield washer bottle. Darn pump was missing the little rubber grommet where it presses into the reservoir. And I just happened to have one in my hardware drawers. LUCKY AGAIN!

We then proceeded to slap on our registration plates and took a little Victory Lap around town to gave the truck a little exercise.

I am going to take this lucky streak as a very good omen and a prediction of things to come. :D

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good! I finally had a little time to work on our M1083 this week. And one of the things that wasn't working was the CTIS. (Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!) I was pretty sure I was hearing an air leak every time it cycled. So, I had my wife sit there in the cab and push the "Road" button repeatedly. Low and behold, there was a severly damaged air line running to the drivers side 3rd axle. I had a new line made up at an exorbatent fee and everything started working once it was installed! Hahaha, I really hope some more repairs go this easy.

I also changed a rear axle vent line that I picked up cheap online. (Just for the heck of it.)

And, repaired the windshield washer bottle. Darn pump was missing the little rubber grommet where it presses into the reservoir. And I just happened to have one in my hardware drawers. LUCKY AGAIN!

We then proceeded to slap on our registration plates and took a little Victory Lap around town to gave the truck a little exercise.

I am going to take this lucky streak as a very good omen and a prediction of things to come. :D
Either that or the kiss of death . Most times it's better to keep quite.

Crapgame

Anything special about the wash fluid tank rubber washer? Mine is missing, first tank leaked due to loose pump fit, but have new tank on hand.

Camel Driver

I know. But I have a habit of tempting fate. Actually, it does seem like if things go good at the beginning of my project, they tend to stay pretty good overall. If it starts out horrible? Well then, I may as well just give it away or take it to the scrap yard. So, I'm just going to enjoy basking in the warm sun today and see what happens tomorrow. 8)

Either that or the kiss of death . Most times it's better to keep quite.

Camel Driver

That's the beauty of my situation. EVERYTHING can't go terrible because, a couple of things have already gone good! I'm sure I'll see some of that terrible but, just not today! I enjoy my good luck for what it is......fleeting!

Yep. Should have just rolled with it instead of starting this thread. Now everything will probably go terrible.
At least it would for me.

Camel Driver

I'm pretty sure it is nothing special. I think I remember buying about a dozen or so different sizes from True Value hardware years ago for a project I didn't have the size of. I can tell you that the grommet fits in the washer bottle almost perfect. Not too tight or loose once you get it in place. But, you will need a little soap or oil as lube to get the pump pickup to go in. That's the key to no leaks. The pump pickup has a taper that squeezes the grommet just right to tighten everything up nicely.

Anything special about the wash fluid tank rubber washer? Mine is missing, first tank leaked due to loose pump fit, but have new tank on hand.

Crapgame

Windshield Wash Fluid Tank Pump Grommet--Fig 245 Item #9 Part #12417598 Grommet, Nonmetallic, I found two online, one $4.50, the other $33.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks