• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify this Gator bed

Ras1

bed.jpg

Hi, I need help identifying this gator bed. Is it an A3? or A2? has 2 black metal "locks" that I think hold the tailgate flat when folded down.

Also, once it is identified, I need a picture of how the hinge mounts to the frame, and where the hoist cyl. attaches, as both appear to be different than an m gator or m gator a1.

Thanks!
Dave

nickd

It looks different than mine. Mine has a square tubular bracket that pivots out horizontally supporting the tailgate from underneath. The hinges to mount the tailgate to the frame are under the bed even with the the tailgate. On the underside of the bed you will find a bracket with a hole in it where the end of the piston attaches to the bed. There is a corresponding bracket for the other end of the piston on the frame.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks different than mine. Mine has a square tubular bracket that pivots out horizontally supporting the tailgate from underneath. The hinges to mount the tailgate to the frame are under the bed even with the the tailgate. On the underside of the bed you will find a bracket with a hole in it where the end of the piston attaches to the bed. There is a corresponding bracket for the other end of the piston on the frame.
Mine is exactly as you describe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks