• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802A Fix-up Thread

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I ended up getting a second trailer mounted MEP-802A but it had a seized motor, so it will be parted out.

I expected it to be no good, as it was already missing a lot of parts, but it was cheap enough. After taking it down, I found that it could have been saved, but I didn't want to spend the time with it. The money I spent on it was worth it for the trailer, and I should be able to recover some money selling parts on my eBay store. I get some spares myself as well. Will be keeping and eye out for another one.

310109547_1235051047448709_8364125231197006167_n.jpg

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
PMCS prevents failures in the field!

Was looking things over today and noticed that the fuel shut off bolt, nut, or whatever you want to call it, was only in by two threads and about to strip out!

This would have caused quite the issue if it messed up while I was out at my off grid place. Not that it could have been the end of the world, but, the unit would have not shut down right away. Not to mention, could have really stripped out and messed up the hole bad.

Turned it the half turn out and got a 10-32 tap and cleaned up the threads. Used some high temp thread locker from my gun bench and threaded it back in.. went in nice & smooth. Snugged it up. Should be good now.

Glad I caught that before it was worse!

299138974_829222291432349_4695030430170264937_n.jpg

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up getting a second trailer mounted MEP-802A but it had a seized motor, so it will be parted out.

I expected it to be no good, as it was already missing a lot of parts, but it was cheap enough. After taking it down, I found that it could have been saved, but I didn't want to spend the time with it. The money I spent on it was worth it for the trailer, and I should be able to recover some money selling parts on my eBay store. I get some spares myself as well. Will be keeping and eye out for another one.

View attachment 880839
I have 802 motors

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Generator is still running good & strong! :giggle:

Just wanted to share in this thread something I posted on my YouTube channel that has to do with the MEP 802A & 803A;

I know it's not directly related to this unit but I have kept up for many years with this thread & everything I have learned about these generators here, so I figured it was fitting. Shared it on my other threads as well. Not trying to SPAM.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys. I tore down an 803a lpw engine that had some issues and cant find a part number in the manual for this bushing/sleeve. Need to replace a few and the only number on the part is 3520. Anyone have these?

Attachments

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
Hey guys. I tore down an 803a lpw engine that had some issues and cant find a part number in the manual for this bushing/sleeve. Need to replace a few and the only number on the part is 3520. Anyone have these?
If that's a cam bushing, I found part #751-10950 listed on page 20 & 21 of the Lister Petter master parts manual. It's listed as "gear end" but I see no other part number for the remaining (3) cam bushings.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that's a cam bushing, I found part #751-10950 listed on page 20 & 21 of the Lister Petter master parts manual. It's listed as "gear end" but I see no other part number for the remaining (3) cam bushings.
I cant find it online. Im going to pass by my local cummins dealer and report back with the updated part number. Thanks

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't (yet) removed the covers to peer inside (this time), but I've got a fuel leak on the end of the fuel tank. I've already replaced the well nut with a nice viton unit. What else down that way might be leaking? The return? I think it's related to running, not sitting.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I haven't (yet) removed the covers to peer inside (this time), but I've got a fuel leak on the end of the fuel tank. I've already replaced the well nut with a nice viton unit. What else down that way might be leaking? The return? I think it's related to running, not sitting.
The cover is easy to take off. Remove it & run it. But if you replaced that lower well nut with the original type one, it's possible it failed already. They can't be more than a little past hand tight, & if they rotate at all in the hole the seem to leak. But none the less, removing the cover to look will more than likely answer your question on it's own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks