• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 series, pictures of your toys

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgPlease post pictures of your M915 thru M920's. My 1979 M915 extended cab with air ride rear, air ride cab, air ride seats, with Allison 4500 series transmission, on 1600's. It is a work in progress.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any photos of how you added air ride? Will make things a lot better when driving to shows as far away as 1000 miles. I do not have any photos now but will post later

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the air bags under the cab interact with the butterfly hood? I was under the impression that when the cab bounced around on air ride, the fixed mounted hood would bang against the cowl damaging the hood and the front of the cab.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the air bags under the cab interact with the butterfly hood? I was under the impression that when the cab bounced around on air ride, the fixed mounted hood would bang against the cowl damaging the hood and the front of the cab.
I forgot to get pictures under the hood. Will be out of town for a week or so, can do later. But the grill is no longer supported by the firewall and the butter fly hood is allowed to float on pins that it hinges on. Nylon glides support the back edges of the hood on the firewall. The props that hold the hood for service are replaced with rods for support. There is little movement of the cab, only moves about 1inch up and down but smooths out the bumps. At the firewall 1/8 inch maybe.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kubotaman, my apologies, I was supposed to get those photos for you. I'll see what I can do, and if av8or does also, you should have all the photos you want of the how the hood is supported.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
kubotaman, my apologies, I was supposed to get those photos for you. I'll see what I can do, and if av8or does also, you should have all the photos you want of the how the hood is supported.
No worries Matt, take your time. I may have to do this conversion over the winter.

av8or, do you have a parts list you used on the cab?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks