• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny House On A Steel Soldier “Redux” Expedition Build

mcv1964

Must say that I am watching the work that you are doing and I am jealous and you are fast becoming my hero...lol!

You know with your skills, a blog and sites like Steel Soldiers you could make a good living.

Travel around the country and do work for people like me with little skills and no real tools! My problems is with the little skills and little tools I also have little money...lol! BUT I DO HAVE BIG DREAMS! That has got to count for something right?

Just a thought!

Hey I know, I can be your scheduler and travel guide guy, post your blogs (once I learn how) and map out your trips and jobs! Then in exchange in between your adventures I will buy the materials and you can use your skills on my M135 Bus project!.....LOL!

Keep up the good work my friend it is inspiring and fun to watch.

Must say that I am watching the work that you are doing and I am jealous and you are fast becoming my hero...lol!

You know with your skills, a blog and sites like Steel Soldiers you could make a good living.

Travel around the country and do work for people like me with little skills and no real tools! My problems is with the little skills and little tools I also have little money...lol! BUT I DO HAVE BIG DREAMS! That has got to count for something right?

Just a thought!

Hey I know, I can be your scheduler and travel guide guy, post your blogs (once I learn how) and map out your trips and jobs! Then in exchange in between your adventures I will buy the materials and you can use your skills on my M135 Bus project!.....LOL!

Keep up the good work my friend it is inspiring and fun to watch.

Thanks Bunches
Your very insightful. When we hit the road again we will be pulling the m989a1 trailer decked over with the H1 Hummer sitting on top. I will have plenty of space for my fabrication tools and would love working on peoples dreams. Being able to live for free at a given project would be a huge advantage. Sadly these types of projects take a huge financial & time commitment causing potential clients wives to look for a eviction lawyer to get me off the property. I'm sure some of the wives would opt for a cheaper solution by grabbing a Benelli M4 shotgun.

Last edited:

pontiac62

Thanks Bunches
Your very insightful. When we hit the road again we will be pulling the m989a1 trailer decked over with the H1 Hummer sitting on top. I will have plenty of space for my fabrication tools and would love working on peoples dreams. Being able to live for free at a given project would be a huge advantage. Sadly these types of projects take a financial &Time commitment causing potential clients wives to look for a eviction lawyer to get me off the property. I'm sure some of the wives would opt for a cheaper solution by grabbing a Benelli M4 shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

mcv1964

LOL!!!!

Yup, you see I'm an ideas man that no longer works because of PTSD anxieties from so many years working with dangerous and volital people while working as a pastor for The Salvation Army.

Mind still works good but anxieties are a problem, but I'm good for about 1 days in a row...LOL!

pontiac62

Finishing up lower retractable bed support. When extended and dinette table is lowered a queen sized bed is created. Support will also allow a fifth person to eat at the dinner table.
This is almost scary. I was just trying to remember a few minutes ago what kind of sleeping areas you have in your truck. Went back a few posts but didn’t get any idea.

Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those must be some heavy duty drawer rails to support the weight of a sitting person independently......................double slide? Condensed, but highly functional............sa-weet

Those must be some heavy duty drawer rails to support the weight of a sitting person independently......................double slide? Condensed, but highly functional............sa-weet
Drawer slides are rated to 500 pounds and are in the double slide configuration. I’m 240 and I notice about a 1/16th flex but nothing that worries me.

Last edited:

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. Glad to see you are doweling those planks together too! What finish did you decide to use?

pontiac62

Awsome looking table. Would biscuits work just as good or are dowels better cause it’ll be converted to a bed?

Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

Awsome looking table. Would biscuits work just as good or are dowels better cause it’ll be converted to a bed?

Man of few words

M1081 LVAD
I have heard both ways (biscuits vs dowels) I would agree with Carman that biscuits would be the winner. Of course I don’t have a biscuit jointer. I think dowels are strong enough for my application.

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so jealous of all these guys that have large covered work areas. I think your work shop is bigger than my house and lot lol

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am more than happy to share my space to someone in need. Passing by or in the area. You can't move in but your truck maintenance or build is acceptable.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Living space is over rated. Shop space is never wasted! I can’t get anything done in my garage now. It’s like a bad game of Tetris. The more stuff you attempt to do the faster it stacks up and less room you have to take care of the original stuff.

Then, before you know it. Game over. You can’t even open the door.

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swear my neighbors think i have a mini junkyard starting. All i have is a driveway and back concrete pad lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks