• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny House On A Steel Soldier “Redux” Expedition Build

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful country. Congrats on mat-tracks. Patience......besides.....we all know, NOTHING Mman-made lasts forever......enjoy what ya built and shared with family. When it fails, if it fails, try next thing.....you're an incredibly gifted and BLESSED man......

I enjoy your builds immensely, hope you do also!

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for stopping by again. Saw your hunting photos on Instagram and I was impressed. Just bought my Benelli R1 .338 with a Burris Eliminator 3 scope and as you would expect where we live in Philipsburg Montana hunting big game is a way of life. I did find a true penetrating epoxy from Total Boat Epoxy with a supporting varnish system, but I need to do a bunch more research before I commit to anything. If ever in Montana I just bought hunting property at 8174ft in the Flint Creek Range, I’m going to setup a permanent hunting, recreation camp using my 4 HDT Airbeam tents. The Flint Creek Range has 60,000 thousand acres and the camp is deep in the heart of fun country. I bought a set of Mattracks for my H1 so the area can be accessed during late season. Always looking for ideas for setting up the perfect hunting camp.
nice view. All I see out my window are more people and cars. Gave up my mountain living for the wife and kid. Let her know when college days are here (4 years ) we or I’m going back.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for stopping by again. Saw your hunting photos on Instagram and I was impressed. Just bought my Benelli R1 .338 with a Burris Eliminator 3 scope and as you would expect where we live in Philipsburg Montana hunting big game is a way of life.
Thanks Brandon. Sometimes I wonder if I should keep separate IG accounts. Not everyone likes guns and dead animals. I should have one for each interest. Guns/hunting. Green Iron. Everything else that is not very interesting.

I get into Eastern Idaho occasionally, and we roam around. If I find myself in your country, I’ll definitely look you up. I’d love to see that country and your camp if you have time. Wish I would have known about it when I had my 923A2 up there.

If you find find yourself in North Texas, please, feel free. I have a ranch in NW Texas and live North of Dallas. I can at least show you where the best local BBQ is. Silverstate55 introduced me to a place in my own backyard I wasn’t aware of!

I have shot and owned a lot of calibers. And learned a lot from shooting a lot of things in lots of places. Had a double 470 Nitro Express And 450 Dakota but can not take that punishment anymore. So now just the more manageable rounds. I think that a .338 might be one of the best all around calibers. It’s long range capabilities are incredible. (I love my 375 though, personal reasons). You should really like that caliber a lot

Anyway. I’m following your build, your welder selection and progress. Well done. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Brandon. Sometimes I wonder if I should keep separate IG accounts. Not everyone likes guns and dead animals. I should have one for each interest. Guns/hunting. Green Iron. Everything else that is not very interesting.

I get into Eastern Idaho occasionally, and we roam around. If I find myself in your country, I’ll definitely look you up. I’d love to see that country and your camp if you have time. Wish I would have known about it when I had my 923A2 up there.

If you find find yourself in North Texas, please, feel free. I have a ranch in NW Texas and live North of Dallas. I can at least show you where the best local BBQ is. Silverstate55 introduced me to a place in my own backyard I wasn’t aware of!

I have shot and owned a lot of calibers. And learned a lot from shooting a lot of things in lots of places. Had a double 470 Nitro Express And 450 Dakota but can not take that punishment anymore. So now just the more manageable rounds. I think that a .338 might be one of the best all around calibers. It’s long range capabilities are incredible. (I love my 375 though, personal reasons). You should really like that caliber a lot

Anyway. I’m following your build, your welder selection and progress. Well done. Keep up the good work!
The Mattracks I just purchased are currently in San Antonio, Texas. Making plans currently to fly down to pick them up to drive them back. Might be driving NW Texas as I head to visit a old outdoor guide friend in Durango, Colorado. That 470 nitro express rifle is a crazy setup, I’ve never seen one until I looked it up. The stock on that 450 Dakota looks like a hammer. But both are beautiful crafted firearms.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to scratch the “double rifle” itch. They are really a work of art. Glad I did. It was a beautiful gun, client had to sell his fast to pay his attorney and who am I to turn down a ridiculous offer?

Most traffic going to Colorado through North Texas (on hwy 287) passes about 20 min from my ranch, an easy stop off. San Antonio to Durango, doesn’t appear to be the case though. You are about 200 miles off course. I’ll catch you next time.
659C35EE-BF39-4B1D-B8E8-8E09274AFF7F.jpg

Last edited:

rbr0203

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell them to duck it up then. You are sharing your life with others. If they don't like it then don't look at it. People are too judgmental and PC nowadays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Haven’t got much done in the last week or so on the build. Spent a fair share of time buying and recovering this 8.3 Cummins 240D Pistenbully SnowCat. Since we bought that mountain property a few months ago we needed to make sure we had the right equipment to get in and out as we build on the land. Now I have to split my time on building a box on the snowcat while completing the M931a2 camper. Lots of work!!
I didn’t want you guys to think I was getting lazy.

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven’t got much done in the last week or so on the build. Spent a fair share of time buying and recovering this 8.3 Cummins 240D Pistenbully SnowCat. Since we bought that mountain property a few months ago we needed to make sure we had the right equipment to get in and out as we build on the land. Now I have to split my time on building a box on the snowcat while completing the M931a2 camper. Lots of work!!

What elese is there to say but, "WOW!"?????
I bought groceries this week.........LMBO

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my XZL 16’s run flats. By myself and a lift gate work truck. Holy crap. Bought killed me.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw that on IG. Super cool. I knew what it was for as soon as I saw it!

That’s a beautiful piece of land Brandon. I’d love to be up there in about three weeks, I’m sure the canyons will be echoing with that beautiful sound that comes in mid September.

Last edited:

mcv1964

Well all I got done was planned out the roofing of our Mobile home...… gonna take all of my project money so I guess getting the patch panels welded on to the 81 Bronco, the batteries for the M135 and the welding on the bus is going to have to wait AGAIN!!!

I got to buy a welder and get someone to teach me how to weld, at least then I could do some of the work myself.

Such is life!

Oh man, need some updates. This is a great build! Cant believe how many people you fit in such a small space.
I have had to take a break on the build for a few months. I was granted a Forest Service Guide permit for running a Snowcat backcountry skiing, and a H1 Hummer tour business here in Philipsburg, Mt.. I bought a Pistonbully snowcat that needs a tour package built on the back, and I need to rebuild my H1 tour truck. I’ll get caught up soon and get back on my build. Thanks

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks