• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1009

deercoker

Sorry if anybody takes this personal but I apologize, my memory is not what it once was, when I said everyone I meant people I have talked to that I know and not this forum, after someone I know suggested the tranny I then took to the transmission shop for a test drive, that is all. Heck if you get offended over something like this then the best thing to do is not reply and put yourself out there like that. I tend to respond better as a Minister to folks that are a little more easy going and not those with monkey wrench's up their butts!

deercoker

Alright guy's I changed the tranny fluid and filter today with no metal on the magnet or in the pan (I guess that is good) but a lot of black sludge in the bottom of the pan and the filter also looked like it could be stopped up, anyway after the change and warmup I drove it around the mountain where I live and no more noise! I hope it does not show back up tomorrow when I make the drive to the VA but so far so good! Thanks to everyone again for there help!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend that you drive it for a month or so, maybe less, and then service it again.
Don’t wait until it starts making noise again.

The sludge might take some time to work itself out.
Filters/fluid are inexpensive compared to a rebuild.

Hopefully you lucked out and nothings hurt inside.

deercoker

Thanks I will do that in a couple weeks or so! I have another issue now with leaking diff fluid from rear pinion seal, the seal was replaced at a garage for me a few months ago and I am just wondering if they used the wrong seal, any thoughts Tinstar?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure.
If your able, do it yourself.
Very easy.
Just use a FelPro or National seal.
Lots of junk seals out there.

If not, buy the good seal yourself and watch them install it.

I’ve heard of some shops switching customers good parts with China junk.
No personal experience, just reading online complaints.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks