• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

416/419 axles books diagrams

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you looked in the German f-bay? There is just about anything you want, and sometimes in English. Just have to keep an eye out. Or in the British f-bay. Might be even better.

The first time I tried the Brit Flea-bay, the first three entry's were showed two books. Didn't go any farther. They are there, just got to look.

Last edited:

Speedwoble

Does anyone know of any sources for the 416/419 axles? I don't need the chassis stuff but would buy a book like this, https://www.eurotruck-importers.com...d=1346&zenid=335fca15bd1cae4de6b8d577f28864a3 , if it has the info I need. Haven't had much luck finding sections just related to the axles, specifically the front steer axle.
Working on several of these and figuring it out as I go but some documentation would be nice.
Are you aware all of the military service manuals and parts manuals are available free in PDF format? Numerous sources, including this very site.

Roktgr

I very well could have missed something but all of the manuals I have found have no information on the axles. Hydraulics and chassis lube points sure, but not what I need.

Speedwoble

Parts manual TM5-2420-224-24P-1 has the axle diagrams starting on page 131. But you are correct, I am not seeing axle rebuild data in -10, -20, or -34. Weird. I believe the 419 axles are a hybrid of parts compared to the 416 axles on account of the higher vehicle weight. You may want to talk to an expert like Scott @ EI.

Roktgr

Thanks, that actually had some pretty good information that seemed to follow how our axles are coming apart so far. They are a bit different then the older drum brake axles the shop had worked with before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks