Thread: 416/419 axles books diagrams

Private
    Thanks

Default 416/419 axles books diagrams

Does anyone know of any sources for the 416/419 axles? I don't need the chassis stuff but would buy a book like this, https://www.eurotruck-importers.com/...b8d577f28864a3 , if it has the info I need. Haven't had much luck finding sections just related to the axles, specifically the front steer axle.

Working on several of these and figuring it out as I go but some documentation would be nice.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,817 Posts

Have you looked in the German f-bay? There is just about anything you want, and sometimes in English. Just have to keep an eye out. Or in the British f-bay. Might be even better.

The first time I tried the Brit Flea-bay, the first three entry's were showed two books. Didn't go any farther. They are there, just got to look.
    Last edited by Guyfang; 06-05-2018 at 13:42.

Private
    Thanks

Hadn't thought of that, good idea. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roktgr View Post
    Does anyone know of any sources for the 416/419 axles? I don't need the chassis stuff but would buy a book like this, https://www.eurotruck-importers.com/...b8d577f28864a3 , if it has the info I need. Haven't had much luck finding sections just related to the axles, specifically the front steer axle.
    Working on several of these and figuring it out as I go but some documentation would be nice.
    Are you aware all of the military service manuals and parts manuals are available free in PDF format? Numerous sources, including this very site.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Speedwoble For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (06-06-2018)

Private
    Thanks

I very well could have missed something but all of the manuals I have found have no information on the axles. Hydraulics and chassis lube points sure, but not what I need.

Thanks

Parts manual TM5-2420-224-24P-1 has the axle diagrams starting on page 131. But you are correct, I am not seeing axle rebuild data in -10, -20, or -34. Weird. I believe the 419 axles are a hybrid of parts compared to the 416 axles on account of the higher vehicle weight. You may want to talk to an expert like Scott @ EI.

Private
    Thanks

Thanks, that actually had some pretty good information that seemed to follow how our axles are coming apart so far. They are a bit different then the older drum brake axles the shop had worked with before.