• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 807a Remote Start Stop

GordonB

Does anybody know how to wire the remote start/stop of a mep 807a to a transfer switch?, its very hard to find documentation on this.

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you talking about a military remote starting kit? Or a Civ. starting kit. If you are using a Civ. kit, what kind? Documentation will differ from type to type, so you need to be specific.

GordonB

I'm using a standard (civilian) asco transfer switch that will close a contact to send a signal to the generator to run, the transfer switch takes care of the loading and off loading. I can use a relay to send separate on / off signals. Not sure what terminals i need to hook to with the main switch in auto position. I can use a 110 volt relay powered by the generator to activate the generator breaker and the transfer switch will transfer when it sees usable power.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked on the Inova controllers? They don't list the 807A specifically but it may work. Worth asking them at least.

Dewie38

The 807 has a set of contacts, I believe on the governor controller, for remote start.
You don't need a remote start kit.

GordonB

Any idea what terminals I would hook too ? I've found a schematic that showed using 1 as common 3 as a start and terminal 2 as a stop. But there are multiple terminal strips starting with 123 and as of currently there are jumpers between all 3 both sets of terminals.

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a picture of the gov, post it. I will ask about what terminal to use.

I talked to Obi Wan, and he said the government bought the remote start gear, (0n the set) but never bought the remote start hardware. It was never used, by anyone, ever, in the military.

Dewie38

TB5 terminals 21 and 22 are for remote start. put the set in remote start and close the contacts on terminals 21 and 22 and the set should start.

Guyfang

Staff member
The 807 has a function in it to use a remote start box when the engine control switch on the control panel is set to the AUTO position. We never bought the remote boxes so it is not in the manuals Only mentioned 1 time in the 729-10 manual on page 0005 00-3. It only started it and stopped it. No main breaker close or anything. This hit in 2006 so the tech is prior 2000.

The 24 manual has 2 entries, one for over cranking and 1 time in the principles of operation page0003-9. Neither the 100 or 200KW have the actual hardware even though the software is there.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the controllers for the other 80x machines may work to handle the warm-up/contactor closures/cooldown tasks. Alternatively you could use a basic PLC or microcontroller to sequence that stuff for you.

GordonB

Our asco transfer switch does all that , open, close and cool down. Just had to add a relay to close the unit breaker. All wired up and working great, appreciate all your help. Thanks.

Caribtech

Our asco transfer switch does all that , open, close and cool down. Just had to add a relay to close the unit breaker. All wired up and working great, appreciate all your help. Thanks.
GordonB ive been reading though this thread and im hoping you could give me some details on how you hooked up your autostart system, we recently aquired an MEP-807A generator on our property here in the British Virgin Islands, and looking to configure the auto start system.
your help would be much appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks