• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's up with GL auction prices?

tamangel

after an auction closes...

How can you look up what a unit went for after the auction has closed (if you were just watching it..) ?

Mike

panzerbob

RE: after an auction closes...

I agree, I was bidding on a m35a2 in Las cruces NM. Was in good shape, and to boot, it was a M35 that I drove when I was in that guard unit, but it went too high for me to own!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: after an auction closes...

panzerbob said:
I agree, I was bidding on a m35a2 in Las cruces NM. Was in good shape, and to boot, it was a M35 that I drove when I was in that guard unit, but it went too high for me to own!
I was bidding on the winch truck, got stupid and bid up to 3600, thank god someone came in and outbid me.....

Ed

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: after an auction closes...

All that scap metal going to China doesn't help the prices. Go sit at the entrance of your local scrap yard and watch how many nice cars and trucks are going to the crusher.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $2200 including buyer's premium for a rebuilt deuce with new engine, new tranny, new brakes, new tires, new doors, new radiator, new troop seats and header board, new new new along with several nice upgrades (electric wiper system) out of Chambersburg. They are out there, you just have to be patient to get the deals.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: after an auction closes...

AndyC said:
All that scap metal going to China doesn't help the prices. Go sit at the entrance of your local scrap yard and watch how many nice cars and trucks are going to the crusher.
Wanna bet they are being melted down and turned into Chinese weapons which will eventually be pointed at Americans in the next several years. Same thing happened with Japan just prior to WWII; they bought all the cheap scrap since we were in the depression, and built their army/navy up and bit us in the butt in 1941.

Call me paranoid, but I learn lessons from history....

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: after an auction closes...

maddawg308 said:
. . . Wanna bet they are being melted down and turned into Chinese weapons . . . ..
That may be true, but also they are eroding all of our manufacturing capability. Every time a manufacturing facility in the US closes because it is replaced by offshore production, we lose the ability to quickly respond with our industrial might. A sad trend in our nation, my friends.

This is a topic that is very important and close to my heart. Please allow me a minute on the soapbox. There are lots of reasons that offshore production has swept across the USA, but there is one sure way to stop it. Please fellow Americans, STOP buying that junk. If we don't buy it, it will go away.

I'm not hateful toward the Chinese people; they are just trying to earn a living. It's the substandard facilities, materials, processes, etc, that are responsible for the junk that they produce. We've already seen all of the recent reports of defective and dangerous products coming from China - toys with lead paint, tainted toothpaste, poisonous pet food, etc.

I realize that our choices become slimmer every day, but I plead to you, Please look for the "Made in the USA" label on the products that you buy. I also realize that American made products generally cost more, but as the old saying goes - "You get what you pay for”. Think of it as an investment in your country.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I don't want this to become political. I just feel very passionately about this topic and wanted to wave my flag for a moment.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks