Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: South Texas hillbilly

  1. #1
    Private
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default South Texas hillbilly

    I have been jumping around here for some time and finally decided to join up. I donít have a military vehicle as of yet, but have a line on a Deuce and a Half. Not sure what linage as of yet. I am from San Antonio Texas. I wonít dodge where I am from and beat around the bush. My name is Ken but almost everyone calls me Hillbilly. Itís been hard to get a line on a good Deuce. You know, finding one that hasnít been used for some backwoods fire department that trashed it and drove it like they stole it.
    But any how, I have read some great post on here and hope to learn some valuable information. If all goes good I should have my Deuce in the next couple months. My dads buddy said it would be $2000 to get it. I looked online and seen some people asking $6000-$7000 for what I think to be junk. The ones I have seen are all beat up. This guy had a couple nice ones but had already sold them before I I asked him about them.
    Thats enouph rambling for me guys. Hope to be here for a long time, build and cruise with yíall .
    Last edited by Hawk1326; 06-08-2018 at 17:44.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk1326 For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (07-13-2018)

  3. #2
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1326 View Post
    I have been jumping around here for some time and finally decided to join up. I don’t have a military vehicle as of yet, but have a line on a Deuce and a Half. Not sure what linage as of yet. I am from San Antonio Texas. I won’t dodge where I am from and beat around the bush. My name is Ken but almost everyone calls me Hillbilly. It’s been hard to get a line on a good Deuce. You know, finding one that hasn’t been used for some backwoods fire department that trashed it and drove it like they stole it.
    But any how, I have read some great post on here and hope to learn some valuable information. If all goes good I should have my Deuce in the next couple months. My dads buddy said it would be $2000 to get it. I looked online and seen some people asking $6000-$7000 for what I think to be junk. The ones I have seen are all beat up. This guy had a couple nice ones but had already sold them before I I asked him about them.
    Thats enouph rambling for me guys. Hope to be here for a long time, build and cruise with y’all .
    Welcome form Killeen, TX!
    I had my rebuilt for $6000 fully restored, I had the same hard time (I waited 15 years to pull the trigger). The guys I used take 3 months on average to fully restore the M35 of your choice.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

  4. #3
    Private
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I think I have been looking at them for about 20 years now. Like I said, all the ones I had found were used in fire backwoods departments and trashed. Nothing was worth saving in my opinion. But I have run across some nice ones with this guy now and am feeling it may be time to pull the trigger on one as the price is good compared to what I have seen.

    I do have a question though. I know the top speed on most of these is somewhere around 50. Is this correct or are they slightly faster? Or does it depend on the tire size?

  5. #4
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1326 View Post
    I think I have been looking at them for about 20 years now. Like I said, all the ones I had found were used in fire backwoods departments and trashed. Nothing was worth saving in my opinion. But I have run across some nice ones with this guy now and am feeling it may be time to pull the trigger on one as the price is good compared to what I have seen.

    I do have a question though. I know the top speed on most of these is somewhere around 50. Is this correct or are they slightly faster? Or does it depend on the tire size?
    Mine was a brush fire truck until it got restored, changed the bed and repainted it.

    A speed demon she is not, Super singles as I understand add more MPG but the speed difference is negligible. I hear bobbing will raise speed and MPG as you are cutting out several thousand pounds in the process.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

  6. #5
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    I was looking at a guy up near Dallas for a while, he had a bunch of half built ones and old brush trucks etc. He just wanted way too much for them and he never really gave me the time of day if I had any questions.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

  7. #6
    Private
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I know what you mean brother. There are a lot of people out there like that. That’s why it’s so hard for the small guy to get anything or do anything. It’s hard to to break into the circle when nobody will give you the time of day. I know they are trying to keep out the idiots but it messes it up for all the great guys who just want to have a great time and creative some great friendships. I hope we can build up the trust and get to to know some other great guys and gals who just want to go out and have some fun. Peace Brothers and Sisters.....

  8. #7
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1326 View Post
    I know what you mean brother. There are a lot of people out there like that. That’s why it’s so hard for the small guy to get anything or do anything. It’s hard to to break into the circle when nobody will give you the time of day. I know they are trying to keep out the idiots but it messes it up for all the great guys who just want to have a great time and creative some great friendships. I hope we can build up the trust and get to to know some other great guys and gals who just want to go out and have some fun. Peace Brothers and Sisters.....
    I sent you a PM with some info that I think will help you out.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

  9. #8
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    IMG_1366.jpg

    This is what a Central TX Company has done for me so far, almost done too.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

  10. #9
    Private
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    That’s a good looking monster. Will have to check that guy out for sure.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk1326 For This Useful Post:

    Mrmag1 (06-14-2018)

  12. #10
    Head of Stuff N' Things Mrmag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Killeen Texas
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 138 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1326 View Post
    That’s a good looking monster. Will have to check that guy out for sure.
    Sent you a PM with the contact details.
    1971 M35A2C drop-side whistler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •