• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Summerfest Centralia WA July 4, 2018

Amer-team

Time to start gearing up for summerfest. This is an open event. Original or restored military vehicles are welcome. Event takes place at Borst Park. Exit 82 off I-5 on the west side of the freeway. 0800 breakfast in the park, 0900 - 1230 on display for the event. Vehicles and displays of military equipment are welcome. 1230 we will head to my house for hamburgers and dogs. About 1500 we will head over to line up for parade. After parade is done, everyone is dismissed or come back to house for talk time. Questions, contact Peter 360-870-0706 This will be about 21 or 22nd year for us.

Attachments

Amer-team

Mac, bring something that you like. We have the usual stuff so need filler. Have a couple fruit trays and a veggie tray coming. See you then.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Mac, bring something that you like. We have the usual stuff so need filler. Have a couple fruit trays and a veggie tray coming. See you then.
I got the missus making up a big bowl of her awesome pasta salad for lunch. We'll be on hand with a few people to man the troop seats, too.

Didn't get time to wash the truck, so it's a little mossy. Runs good though, and we'll dress it up a bit anyway.

Amer-team

Thank you to all that were able to attend. We had 16 vehicles in the parade this year including the PBR and its tow truck. Probably 35 or 40 people at the house for lunch. We received the best historic entry in the parade. They were desperate for candidates. We lined the vehicles up by age. Only issue was I had a neighbor that is a truck driver, drive the M923. I think he pulled up on the range lever when he was supposed to hit the park brake, so when everyone else headed out, he was stuck in neutral. We got him going but he was a few units back. I had fun riding the 1942 Huffman military standard bicycle, but could sure feel it the next day. If you have been thinking about this event. Keep it in mind for next year. We have probably been doing it for 22 years or so.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks