• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 A/C questions.

KamikazeKunze

Hello everyone,

I have a few air conditioning questions for the 1010.

1) the fan for the a/c will run even if the master kill switch is off. Is this normal?
2) the unit has been converted to R134. It was overcharged so I bled the pressure off until it was in the green. The compressor still doesn’t turn on.
beside the two 30amp fuses (Cab compressor & Box fan) is there another one I should be looking for?
3) I’ll hook a direct power lead to the compressor but I’m unsure which lead. Green or black?

thanks a bunch

KamikazeKunze

Gralmk,
thanks. I recharged the system tonight and nothing. I then ran leads from the battery to the compressor and it would fire up but I still wasn’t getting cool. Of note we tried this 3 times and on 2 and 3 the clutch wouldn’t fully engage. After the 3rd I smelled a bit of clutch material (not good) so not only do I not have power with the harness to the compressor maybe my compressor is shot as well.
thoughts??

thanks

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than troubleshooting through the TM check list no, sorry, but it requires hands on testing. It does sound like you have two separate issues. Unit not cooling could also be low Freon! I believe there is a cutoff switch, if the unit is low it shuts down, Mine did, then after recharging it worked! Well, it did after we check and fixed a few other issues. Also there might be a fuse in the stock fuse box, and I know there is a relay under the left bench in the back. So as you can see, too many if's! The TM is your friend, both 20 and 30 level books!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks