• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85R20 on stock rims.

coder123

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1975 m54a2 5 ton. I want to put 395/85R20 on my stock rims..... Some say I can, some say no... Can someone tell me what to do here? Thanks

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will work, but not well. The front tires will contact the louvers in the fender wells while off-reading. I had two wheels widened to ten inches to solve that problem but still had problems with tubes leaking. Cheap tubes (less than $50) do not hold up too well for very long. I eventually went with MRAP wheels, on adapters, and have not had another issue. Because of the bead locks, I can really air down too.

tobyS

Why wouldn't you use the standard combat rims and beadlocks from an A1 or A2 (939 series)? They fit perfect with the 395. On the LMTV, I'm not sure I like the construction, compared to the standard 5 ton combat. Doesn't the LMTV have the bolt face on the outside plate, not the dished part?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Why wouldn't you use the standard combat rims and beadlocks from an A1 or A2 (939 series)? They fit perfect with the 395. On the LMTV, I'm not sure I like the construction, compared to the standard 5 ton combat. Doesn't the LMTV have the bolt face on the outside plate, not the dished part?
LMTV wheels are rated for 900lbs more than a standard 5 ton wheel. They are about the same facing offset as a 5 ton wheel is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tobyS

That's good to know....sounds like interchangeable. Do they come with run flats in them when all mounted up?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That's good to know....sounds like interchangeable. Do they come with run flats in them when all mounted up?
The XZLs that feltz was selling did cause they were going on mraps without CTIS.

Some XMLs have had runflats and only very few Goodyear MVTs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks