• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who is selling adapter plates now?

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try evil-bay.

When I bought them last year, there were 2 sellers, one was less expensive than the other.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that there is no-one currently selling these?

Wondering why, really - because I'm sure there is a market. Maybe at $75 a piece there wasn't much meat left to keep the manufacturer/seller happy...?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If someone has the drawings for them, I can see what it'd cost to have the plates waterjetted. Then I could setup my rotary table and bevel the lug holes for them.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would have to see the drawings to see if it's something we can handle first but it's sure not worth stepping on any toes, :patracy: we could plasma blanks you could bevel holes maybe a team effort :shrugs:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would have to see the drawings to see if it's something we can handle first but it's sure not worth stepping on any toes, :patracy: we could plasma blanks you could bevel holes maybe a team effort :shrugs:
Yup, I can certainly handle the machining aspect of it, but I don't have a plasma/laser/waterjet table. Certainly let me know if you think you can cut them.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My understanding was that plasma cutting was insufficiently precise and water jet was the solution.

The last truck we put on singles we sourced the adapter plates off ebay, with some hesitation... but they seem just fine.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Our plasma is pretty accurate, not a hobby machine, but that's why I wanted to see drawings/spec to determine tolerances before comiting.

kswilsher

I bought my MRAP adapter plates from Roger Spurgeon. Email: mig21us@siscom.net in march of this year less than $100 each with shipping to Tulsa, Ok. area.
abcdefgh.jpg

Last edited:

TedN

I had really bad luck with plasma-cut MRAP adapter plates (imprecise to the point that the lug nuts didn't uniformly seat themselves in the taper, and I ended up with ride that sometimes felt like I was on a trotting horse). After pulling the plates, I found some of the holes had only 20-30% contact with the lug nuts, and some nuts had even seated themselves on the surface of the plate instead of in the taper.

After some searching, I found Western Canadian Rockwell (www.westerncanadianrockwell.ca), which laser cuts theirs, and they assured me that fit would be fine. In part due to the favorable exchange rate, they were less than $60 USD each. The "economy" shipping wasn't particularly cheap (about $118 for four), but they were at my door in the U.S. only 18 hours after being shipped. So, including shipping to the U.S., the adapters came to just over $88 each.

The new plates don't have a very deep chamfer, but they definitely fit very well. And the ride is vastly better than with the plasma-cut plates I had. Very satisfied with the product.

Last edited:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looking at the drawings and discussing with a member who knows more about these than I do we are going to bow out on making these. Main reason when cutting with a plasma there is a slight taper to the cut that might not be acceptable in this application. Hope you can find what you're looking for.

Micro

mysticmakings

i am planning on making my own. Cutting the 1/2" blanks 1/4" bigger. Then turn them on the lathe. Putting the holes in with the milling machine. Anyone care to share the drawing specs?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks