• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who is selling adapter plates now?

peashooter

I think the new steel prices might be why many people quit making these. I stopped making these about 1-1/2 years ago due to a job change and so many other guys selling adapters also. Lately I have been getting a lot of requests to make the MRAP adapter plates again so I had the laser cut blanks quoted again and the cost nearly doubled from what It was. It actually costs more now for just the laser cut blanks (before any machining) than I was selling finished plates for previously. This might explain why the Canadian company listed earlier in the thread is able to sell them for a more reasonable price since they don’t have the new steel tariff to deal with.

TedN

Their prices are posted in Canadian dollars. Because of the strong US dollar, your actual price will likely be close to 25% less if you're in the US.

77 AMG

Yeah, I saw that. Thanks, TedN. Still a bit of sticker shock. I need to go find an exchange rate, now, I guess....
Edit- still over $500. Ouch. ( with shipping )

Last edited:

ShakeNBake

I just bought 6 from Western Canadian Rockwell a couple weeks ago for $687 CAD (about $530) shipped. It was a little pricey but they are really nice, they appear laser or water jet cut and the bolts fit perfectly! Shipping only took a week and I just had them powder coated, I'm am planning on installing them in the next few weeks after I get my tires on my wheels.

ShakeNBake

So you got them shipped to your door for $88.33 US a piece? That seems like a heck of a good deal to me. Was hardware included?
I am very happy with the deal, I could have done them cheaper but I could be using my time better on other things, like torquing 240 bolts... :p

Looking back, I should have bought their hardware, I only saved $30 and I would not have had to spend 1hr driving to and dealing with the store.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do NOT know the overall cost of the surplus MRAP wheels/tires that you folks are using.

I went a different (read WAY too expensive) direction.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ew-truck-finally-she-got-new-shoes&highlight=

But I did this with my last deuce - though back then the wheels were like less than $50 per because UPS used to use them on all their trucks. And then UPS bought new trucks and they all ride on ten lug wheels. So those are out.

It took several months of searching and calling and calling and calling. Then biting the bullet to get exactly what I wanted.

Again, not cheap. But I'll not be doing it twice. I do love the way it rides and drives with the new Michelin's on it.

my best
jim

ShakeNBake

My wheels were $125 each, tires were $220 each and I paid $20 for each beadlock ring, Plus shipping. I bought them from https://feltztire.com/ although, I also had to by the wheel adapters and hardware. I'm happy but should have asked the seller if he could install the tire on the wheel. I could have saved a lot on freight if I did that, not to mention all the extra work. In the end I'm glad that I went this route vs. 6 lug wheels, I think it looks good.

So far, I have one set made up, I'm having a hard time finding friends to help with this task.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do NOT know the overall cost of the surplus MRAP wheels/tires that you folks are using.

I went a different (read WAY too expensive) direction.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ew-truck-finally-she-got-new-shoes&highlight=

But I did this with my last deuce - though back then the wheels were like less than $50 per because UPS used to use them on all their trucks. And then UPS bought new trucks and they all ride on ten lug wheels. So those are out.

It took several months of searching and calling and calling and calling. Then biting the bullet to get exactly what I wanted.

Again, not cheap. But I'll not be doing it twice. I do love the way it rides and drives with the new Michelin's on it.

my best
jim
It is a different look than the massive 395's but a GOOD look! It is an "improved on the original" kind of appearance. I am sure the commercial 22.5 tires are great. You almost have to maintain the duals for looks; the 22.5 are quite skinny tires and probably would look odd, singled out.

Larry Weibert

I am getting ready to bob one of my trucks and would like to have some adapters made. Does anyone here have the BFX files for them or any files i could use to have them made. I plan on having a few as i have a few trucks to convert to singles. I see there is other interest here so once i get a price ill put it out to see if anyone wants any while they do my run. Anyone have Hardware sources as well it would be appreciated as ill need 3 or 4 sets as well. Thanks in advance.

Larry Weibert

I think the new steel prices might be why many people quit making these. I stopped making these about 1-1/2 years ago due to a job change and so many other guys selling adapters also. Lately I have been getting a lot of requests to make the MRAP adapter plates again so I had the laser cut blanks quoted again and the cost nearly doubled from what It was. It actually costs more now for just the laser cut blanks (before any machining) than I was selling finished plates for previously. This might explain why the Canadian company listed earlier in the thread is able to sell them for a more reasonable price since they don’t have the new steel tariff to deal with.
So Iam looking into getting some plates water cut. Gerhard sent me some specs. I am curios it looks like there are other applications could they be made to work with more than one. If so does anyone have additional info learned in making these so I can offer the best quality and options. Tolerance recommendations etc I need 4-6 sets so I would like this done right the first time. Hopefully peashooter can weight in. Below is a pic I found on this site somewhere. could more than one bolt pattern be offered and work due to dia etc.Thanks in advance everyone. Larry W

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks