• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802/803/831 Generator Control & Parameter Monitor by WIFI Demo

Lovetofix

Amazing work!
I need to buy two of these. One for an 802A and one for an 803A which are both prime power units in off-grid systems at our missions down in Haiti. We are running OutBack Power inverter/chargers which employ a two wire start signal for auto start.
How soon will these be available to purchase?
Thank you for all the R&D time Kurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't wait for everyone to see what these things do. I'm going to put one in every machine I have.

I expect there to be good demand for them once Kurt is ready to release them upon you all! :D

Guyfang

Staff member
Reread the whole thread. I followed it, but never poked my nose in it. Great work Kurt! This is VERY nice.

Now, when you are one day without work, laying back on your mountain of gold dust, we need to think about Volt regulators and things like that.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy, The Voltage Regulator is on my list of things to tackle.
Already reverse engineered the 831 charger and have a working prototype.

Starting production of the 802/803 Remote Start Controllers now. :-D

Production 3-25-19.jpg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is awesome news! Do you have a price 802/803 start controller?
Fine tuning that right now as I start producing them.
I can tell you now it will now be less that the "other" MEP remote start on the market!

When ready they will be listed in the S.S. Classifieds.
Will post here to let everyone know when the listing is live.

Lovetofix

That is wonderful, I was looking at the “other” controller and was disappointed at what I heard of it. I don’t know what the supply is going to be like but would like to get my name on the list for two right away. I will be returning to Haiti the very beginning of May and would love to be able to take them along down.

Lovetofix

Is there a governor control module that goes with this to adjust the engine speed for a varying load? Not trying to pressure you Kurt, just curious how far you have taken that incredible talent of yours on the 802/803 models.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a governor control module that goes with this to adjust the engine speed for a varying load? Not trying to pressure you Kurt, just curious how far you have taken that incredible talent of yours on the 802/803 models.
I tossed the idea around a bit but haven't done anything concrete as of yet.
I know Demoh purchased an cousin of the 803 and it has a RPM controller. Not sure where he stands on possibly reverse engineering that system.

Lovetofix

I have a Magnatek branded generator in Haiti that has a 1979 Lister Petter LPW3 engine.

The way they managed the varying load was to lock the governor control where it would maintain 60Hz (1800 rpm) at full load. Then they had an electromagnetic controller (no idea on the proper name) on the shut off control instead of an on/off solenoid. It is controlled by a simple control board that gradually opens the shutoff lever when starting and then “floats it” to maintain 60Hz until you shutdown and it closes all the way again.

I have no idea if this is the best way or even a proper way to do it but it seems to work. It also gives the engine softer starts then just racing off at full RPM right from the gate before the oil pressure builds. The response time is pretty good unless you just dump a huge load on all at once.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well... after 9 months of prototyping, improvements, testing and some great Beta testing feedback the Remote Start Controllers are now available for sale!

For details and ordering information please visit my listing in the Classifieds - Parts For Sale section of the forum at:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...amp-MEP-803A-Generators&p=2208457#post2208457

Pictures of production controller installed, kit contents and a couple of operational screen shots
Installed.jpgController.jpgHarness.jpgManual & Parts.jpgRunning Screen Shot.jpgData Log.jpg

Fell free shoot me a PM or email with any questions!

CapePrep

This is amazing Klopp!! Will be putting my order in asap! Congrats. I am sure this has been a lot of work. And I am sure it will be greatly appreciated by all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks