• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a valve cover gasket........

Brad

Looked over the net and can only find full gasket sets. Anyone know of a source for just a valve cover gasket for a GMC 6 cyll, M135?

Brad

Looks like that is the correct one at Oreilly's I am picking it up Thursday.
Would you guys use any gaslet shellac or that blue silicone stuff?
The one one it and also another engine I have and took off, neither one had anything like that. This one leaked cause the gaskey pulled out of place and then conformed and warped to the distortion. I think it would never straighten out, that's why I want a new one.
I was thinking of shellacing it to the head only?
Thanks

DUUANE

If i use a gasket adhesive i usually glue it to the valve cover..makes it a lot easier to chip off 10 years later and there is no chance of sending debris down into oil drainback passages.

DUUANE

If you clean it really well..use brake clean or laquer thinner then ispropanol as the final wipe you will get a nice bond..if you can resist over torquing the seal youll be able to take the cover on and off a few times before a do-over.. its handy for vehicles that need regular lash adjustments. Or have a half mile long floppy seal with only 4 bolts holding it in.
I remember the first time i took off a valve cover set up that way as a kid.. a little voice in my head says to me.."oh ya..thats cool".. it can be a little rough with rubber seals that are miss shapen.. extra heavy duty contact cement works for those usually. Again wipe the seal and cover with iso as a last step before gluing.
Happy sealing..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks