• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan Add On

CES 3245th

I thought I would take this opportunity to share a couple of upgrades that I did that you might find useful. I changed my oil a couple of days ago using this new device that I had installed from the last time of draining my oil. Using this EZ oil valve drain w/ 90° elbow worked awesome! I also installed a new oil filter set up. What I also did was to discard the (3) nuts on the underside of the truck frame. I installed (3) 3/8-16 Steel Rivet Nuts To remove the diamond plate and gain easier access to the oil filter for removal and installation. Please see attached pictures. I think some of you will find this very useful I know I did.

1984 M923A1 5 Ton W/NHC-250 Motor..... Picked up these parts from FleetPride EZ Oil Drain valve 25MM-1.5 part # 6802 EZ5 $33.57 / L-Shaped Hose Nipple 5/8" ID part # 6802 EZ-L002 $10.75
In my opinion this was an excellent upgrade and well worth the money.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.JPG 7.jpg

Last edited:

CES 3245th

SLOrazorsedge I totally agree with you! This was definitely a good investment and upgrade for me I'm totally pleased with it and especially making the diamond plate removable. Because removing that oil filter with that plate being there would definitely be like a monkey @#$%^&#$%&* football! The next oil and filter change will be a breeze with this upgrade!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks